Metroid story

#121colt85Posted 9/17/2013 8:29:47 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
colt85 posted...
^ Really dude, don't bother replying to users who apparently haven't played the game, which seems to be the case with the bashers in the topic

Considering the massive post dark posted, that listed several ways that Other M contradicts what we knew about the series up until its release...

Can you honestly deny or refute (within logical reason) every single contradiction that was listed there? Otherwise, you're not making a firm case for the game itself.

Whether or not someone likes the game is irrelevant at this point, because the issue that the topic has been lead into involves only the plot and story of Other M making sense within the series, and not if it's a 'good game'.

Read the whole topic please. I've replied to most comments about OM's "contradictions" and problems. Most of which are quite asinine I might say.
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#122philamikePosted 9/17/2013 10:44:39 AM
wiiking96 posted...
philamike posted...
The wiki says that, from the manga, "that Pirates are genetically modified by stolen Chozo technology in order to become optimized for each planet they're stationed on." So there is proof from the manga that the Zebesian Space Pirates are genetically different from Space Pirates on other planets.

Yes, but nothing is said about their mental state being at all altered, only the bold. It wouldn't make any sense at all for them to be altered to the way that Samus describes them in Other M.

Furthermore, in Zero Mission, after you defeat both Mother Brain and Ridley, the Space Pirates are still active as clearly intelligent beings(they're such crack shots). And don't try to argue that Metal Ridley somehow functions as a replacement for Mother Brain, because there is neither any evidence for that nor any logical reasoning to support it. Metal Ridley is simply a weapon that the Space Pirates were holding in the Frigate.

I've been saying this whole topic that I'm not the one who set out to create a full history of the series and post it on Kotaku. They took the easy way out, and excluding official canon because it suits your whims discredits the whole project.

Colt85 is right that something could have happened between Metroid and Other M. But to answer your questions, it's just an opinion that it doesn't make sense to alter their mental state. Maybe turning them into drones of Mother Brain was what the Space Pirates considered optimized for that planet. Furthermore, being able to shoot could simply be muscle memory.
---
You don't have time to ponder such questions, as Bruce Willis has just grabbed a jet plane.
#123darkjedilinkPosted 9/17/2013 3:03:18 PM
philamike posted...
I've been saying this whole topic that I'm not the one who set out to create a full history of the series and post it on Kotaku. They took the easy way out, and excluding official canon because it suits your whims discredits the whole project.

They excluded Other M because IN NO WAY DOES IT FIT THE ALREADY-ESTABLISHED TIMELINE.

Colt85 is right that something could have happened between Metroid and Other M. But to answer your questions, it's just an opinion that it doesn't make sense to alter their mental state. Maybe turning them into drones of Mother Brain was what the Space Pirates considered optimized for that planet. Furthermore, being able to shoot could simply be muscle memory.

The fact that you have to use "maybe" and "possibly" in order to back up the theory that Other M fits the already-established timeline proves it doesn't fit the already-established timeline.

As I've already stated, even if the asinine notion that there is a "Zebesian" Space Pirate species (which even Sakamoto proves there isn't - you quoted it), all that does is add one more game to the list of games that Other M doesn't utterly destroy.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie