Nintendo's not the only one buying new buildings.

#11bruno1983brPosted 9/12/2013 4:32:38 AM
Thing is the PS3 sold less than 10 million consoles in Japan. Just to put it into perspective, the 3DS already sold 12 million. It took around 3 years for the 3DS to sell the PS3 lifetime sales.

So, even if Sony is still very much a Japanese company, the Playstation branch has increasingly become a Western business. It's only logical that they increase their presence in the US.
#12b1gt0nePosted 9/12/2013 4:39:43 AM
Off topic pony boy
#13VanderZooPosted 9/12/2013 4:52:38 AM
TalentedM posted...
VanderZoo posted...
uberking422 posted...
So if they suffer major losses from the PS4 launch, what are they going to sell to make up for it?

Games.

I wont hold my breath.

Why? Look at the pre-orders on Amazon, the games with the highest pre-orders are the PS4 versions. And if it's the most popular console next gen as is looking very likely, then it's natural to assume this trend of 3rd party games selling best on PS4 will continue.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#14LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/12/2013 8:14:25 AM
VanderZoo posted...
TalentedM posted...
VanderZoo posted...
uberking422 posted...
So if they suffer major losses from the PS4 launch, what are they going to sell to make up for it?

Games.

I wont hold my breath.

Why? Look at the pre-orders on Amazon, the games with the highest pre-orders are the PS4 versions. And if it's the most popular console next gen as is looking very likely, then it's natural to assume this trend of 3rd party games selling best on PS4 will continue.

How many 1st parties? Where is the support for Vita?

Sony needs PS2 success and beyond to recoup the losses of PS3. Obviously that's not going to happen.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#15darkphiresagePosted 9/12/2013 8:56:31 AM
squatch22 posted...
I like how the article neglected to mention the word BUY, Just that they opened it. Could just be rented.
Also the lack of a cost...

^ this guy gets it. It's entirely possible they're just renting the place. I'm willing to bet that no pets, and permission to put a giant f****** fountain on the lawn with "PLAYSTATION" emblazoned across it are both in the lease.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#16DrumguyPosted 9/12/2013 8:58:49 AM
TalentedM posted...
VanderZoo posted...
uberking422 posted...

Games.

I wont hold my breath.

Yeah, which ones exactly?
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#17DiscostewSMPosted 9/12/2013 9:50:09 AM
darkphiresage posted...
squatch22 posted...
I like how the article neglected to mention the word BUY, Just that they opened it. Could just be rented.

^ this guy gets it. It's entirely possible they're just renting the place. I'm willing to bet that no pets, and permission to put a giant f****** fountain on the lawn with "PLAYSTATION" emblazoned across it are both in the lease.

The buildings they sold recently are still in use by them because they are being rented out. So it's entirely possible that this other building may be rented out too.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#18darkphiresagePosted 9/12/2013 9:56:33 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
darkphiresage posted...
squatch22 posted...

The buildings they sold recently are still in use by them because they are being rented out. So it's entirely possible that this other building may be rented out too.

not sure how what you posted invalidates my reasoning.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#19Kromlech06Posted 9/12/2013 9:59:47 AM
Remind me what first party PS4 games are coming out within 6 months of launch?

Knack and....?
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#20darkphiresagePosted 9/12/2013 10:22:42 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
Remind me what first party PS4 games are coming out within 6 months of launch?

Knack and....?

knack, killzone and driveclub are what we know for sure unless you count dc universe, planetside 2, etc. those are launch and there are some launch window games like infamous, but those are never guaranteed to drop at a certain time and some stuff is being left on ps3 like GT. that's off the top of my head, but I haven't been keeping up with launch news. I'm only interested in the division/destiny and waiting to see if either of those vita phantasy star titles or god eater 2 are localized.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."