Disappointed in Nintendo specifically Mario

#1Inferno700Posted 9/12/2013 9:15:56 AM
I have played Nintendo consoles all my life with the exception being GC. I have owned almost all major systems. Now I only play Wii U and PC. I picked up Rayman Legends which is a great game. The way they used the gamepad is amazing and puts Nintendo to shame they didn't do anything even remotely interesting with NSMBU. It was fun at first putting blocks while playing with my wife and kids but got old quickly. Now I play with the gamepad in my lap and play with a Wii remote.

I'm barely on the 3rd world on RL and I keep seeing different uses incorporated into the game. I wanted to trade in NSMBU in to get RL but my wife was against it but is now wished we did.

I really hope Nintendo can learn to use their own hardware in a way that will encourage people to actually but their software because the way it looks I won't be.
---
NNID: Jesus-is-God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700
#2GensokyoPosted 9/12/2013 9:20:43 AM(edited)
Did you know that before Rayman Legends there were topics complaining about how third parties had no idea how to make good use of the gamepad and that Nintendo themselves were the only ones who had any idea on how to utilize it well?
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 9/12/2013 9:21:23 AM
Gensokyo posted...
Did you know that before Rayman Legends there were topics complaining about how third parties had no idea how to make good use of the gamepad and that Nintendo themselves were the only ones who had any idea on how to utilize it well?

No actually, because there weren't.
#4GensokyoPosted 9/12/2013 9:22:09 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Gensokyo posted...

No actually, because there weren't.

Except there were.
#5MarioMan847Posted 9/12/2013 9:24:49 AM
This isn't gonna end well....
---
Video games are awesome.
#6fon1988Posted 9/12/2013 9:25:39 AM
Since both Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros U are on the same console, and both 2D platformers, I guess people feel the need to make theme "compete".

With Mario, you know what you are going to get. The level design is superb and always has been, the multiplayer can be fun and hectic, but yes the graphics, music, and level themes need to be more creative.

Rayman Legends provides a great experience as well. Great music, graphics, level design, multiplayer, and replayability make it awesome in my opinion.

But, both games are fun and both are worth owning. I've had a blast with both titles and one of them doesn't have to be better than the other. As a consumer, you have the choice of buying both of them, or just one, or none at all. My choice was both of them, and I have had a great time with them.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#7Watt64Posted 9/12/2013 9:27:31 AM
fon1988 posted...
Since both Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros U are on the same console, and both 2D platformers, I guess people feel the need to make theme "compete".

With Mario, you know what you are going to get. The level design is superb and always has been, the multiplayer can be fun and hectic, but yes the graphics, music, and level themes need to be more creative.

Rayman Legends provides a great experience as well. Great music, graphics, level design, multiplayer, and replayability make it awesome in my opinion.

But, both games are fun and both are worth owning. I've had a blast with both titles and one of them doesn't have to be better than the other. As a consumer, you have the choice of buying both of them, or just one, or none at all. My choice was both of them, and I have had a great time with them.

NSMBU also needed more new gameplay mechanics. Several were taken from NSMBW.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#8Inferno700(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 9:43:56 AM
fon1988 posted...

You make a good point . We do need games that offer different experiences but Nintendo wants to focus on providing a fun console. To me using the gamepad is far from fun. TBH it's quite boring after a few levels. I can't even use it to control Mario if I play with others. It's a wasted player assuming 5 people are playing. I use playing loosely because the person using the pad is more like sitting around waiting for something to do. RL keeps all players on their toes and truly makes it enjoyable.
---
#9cybersonic233Posted 9/12/2013 11:18:45 AM
Rayman Legends makes a case for the gamepad and at the same time proves it does nothing a standard controller cant do
#10Inferno700(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 8:24:51 PM
cybersonic233 posted...
Rayman Legends makes a case for the gamepad and at the same time proves it does nothing a standard controller cant do

How's that for an oxymoron?
---