Analog Stick Problem, need help

#1GamespohtPosted 9/12/2013 10:07:26 AM
Tried to google this but got no actual results

I turned on my Wii U, and i soon as i touched the Left Analog stick it just quickly drifted over to the right, Now appearntly the Left Analog stick isn't even working and everything keeps going to the right side.
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#2DrumguyPosted 9/12/2013 10:11:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3DrumguyPosted 9/12/2013 10:16:17 AM
Call Nintendo.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#4-Unowninator-Posted 9/12/2013 10:24:05 AM
I know with the gamecube controller, sometimes it would act as if I was holding the stick at a particular direction, even when I wasn't touching it. When that happened, unplugging the controller always worked, but this is a wireless controller, so you can't do that.

Have you tried turning off the system?
---
''I don't make the rules, I just break them'' ~ Molamelerieth
#5wingo84Posted 9/12/2013 10:44:11 AM
Turn off, turn on.

Problem persists?

Call ghostbusters
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#6bskiffingtonPosted 9/12/2013 10:46:17 AM
wingo84 posted...
Turn off, turn on.

Problem persists?

Call ghostbusters

I can confirm that these are the proper steps to fixing your issue.
#71shadetail1Posted 9/12/2013 10:53:20 AM
Always touch *no* buttons or sticks until the system has booted properly. The only exception is holding down the B button if you want to boot straight into Wii mode.

This is true for all game consoles. When you boot a console, it checks the attached controllers and reads the current positions of the sticks and buttons as the "neutral" position. You need to make sure they all really are in the neutral position at that time, to avoid this kind of problem.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8Gamespoht(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 1:25:12 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Always touch *no* buttons or sticks until the system has booted properly. The only exception is holding down the B button if you want to boot straight into Wii mode.

This is true for all game consoles. When you boot a console, it checks the attached controllers and reads the current positions of the sticks and buttons as the "neutral" position. You need to make sure they all really are in the neutral position at that time, to avoid this kind of problem.

So far i'm only using the touchscreen and It still drifts to the right
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#9DrumguyPosted 9/13/2013 10:30:01 AM
Gamespoht posted...
1shadetail1 posted...

So far i'm only using the touchscreen and It still drifts to the right

There is a way to calibrate the touch screen in the system options. Have you tried that?
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#10oq7sterPosted 9/13/2013 10:34:44 AM
TC, if it keeps doing it call Nintendo.
They will fix it really fast.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
NDF Superbus membrum