What's happened to Wario Land?

#1segagamerPosted 9/13/2013 12:45:19 PM
Everyone is complaining about lack of Metroid, Star fox, and F-Zero (who I feel bad for, except Metroid). What about Wario Land though?

Wario World was a mediocre, horribly repetitive beat em up (with literally 3 enemies)
Wario Land Master of Disguise (never played it, but it just seems strange)
Wario Land Shake It (very meh, graphics were amazing, but the game itself leaved much to be desired. Transformations were rarely ever used, and literally 7 enemies in total game)

I know Nintendo has Wario Ware, but Game & Wario is very average. It's an extremely ugly game that uses old tech demos, is bad as a single player experience, and doesn't even have the classic micro games (except one mini-game).

And compared to even Nintendo Land (8/10 in my book, 9/10 as a mini game collection), Game & Wario is a failure.

Thoughts? Anybody else love the fat, ugly lug and his once great games?
#2GradyHooverPosted 9/13/2013 12:49:21 PM
SML3: Wario Land, Wario Land 2-4, and Wario Land: Shake It are all excellent games, and they're the only ones that count as truly being WARIO LAND.

What's happened to Wario Land? It's relentlessly great, that's what.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#3CubeTVPosted 9/13/2013 12:59:19 PM
I really liked Wario World. The title "Super Mario 3D World" heavily reminds me of that.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4AK_the_TwilightPosted 9/13/2013 1:00:28 PM
CubeTV posted...
I really liked Wario World. The title "Super Mario 3D World" heavily reminds me of that.

Man, Wario World was just crazy fun. It was repetitive and short, yeah, but I had a blast playing it.
---
There's no mistaking it.
#5GradyHooverPosted 9/13/2013 1:04:19 PM
...I didn't know ANYONE liked Wario World. God damn did that game bore me and annoy me.

I learned something today!!
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#6colt85Posted 9/13/2013 1:08:11 PM
And I didn't know anyone that said Wairio Land Shake It was an excellent game. Really, it's Wario's Epic Yarn

Wario Land is pretty much dead. The games don't sel as much as the Ware series which most likely are easier to produce.
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#7TomoEK9Posted 9/13/2013 1:12:38 PM
I liked Wario Land 2 and 3, those were awesome. Master of Disguise feels like one of those games where they designed it around the use of a touch screen, so the transformation and movement, and everything requires the touchscreen, which is utter BS.
#8bartz90Posted 9/13/2013 1:57:19 PM(edited)
Wario Land is one of my favorite Nintendo series. The first four are so great and I had a blast with Wario World too. I tried to play my copy of Master of Disguise multiple times but I just can't deal with the controls, anyway it's no Wario Land.

I finally got a Wii for myself recently and I'm really excited to play Shake it soon, hoping it's good.

But I would ask what happened to Wario Land too. I never liked Wario Ware from the beginning and it's been really irksome to me that it became Nintendo's main thing for Wario. I get how people can have fun with it but throw a real Wario game at us more than once every thousand years. They churn out those Ware games like no ones business.
---
-
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 9/13/2013 2:06:21 PM
colt85 posted...
And I didn't know anyone that said Wairio Land Shake It was an excellent game. Really, it's Wario's Epic Yarn

Wario Land is pretty much dead. The games don't sel as much as the Ware series which most likely are easier to produce.

i think game & wario + d.i.y proves the ware series isn't the "heavy hitter" series you think it is. i'd wager they both sell miniscule amounts.
#10druskiePosted 9/13/2013 9:23:56 PM
i love wario world...
---
http://www.kissanime.com
thousands of free anime, added to daily.