What's happened to Wario Land?

#11hiphops_saviorPosted 9/13/2013 9:27:54 PM
Wario discovered that making shovelware is easy money compared to hunting down gems.
#12VRX3000Posted 9/13/2013 9:51:41 PM
Even the later Wario Games weren't the same. 2 and 3 were puzzle games, where you had to take advantage of Wario's immortality in order to find secrets. From 4 onward, they became normal platformers/beat em up hybrids.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#13colt85Posted 9/14/2013 8:46:13 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
colt85 posted...
And I didn't know anyone that said Wairio Land Shake It was an excellent game. Really, it's Wario's Epic Yarn

Wario Land is pretty much dead. The games don't sel as much as the Ware series which most likely are easier to produce.

i think game & wario + d.i.y proves the ware series isn't the "heavy hitter" series you think it is. i'd wager they both sell miniscule amounts.

G&W is not a WW game, same way as Wario World isn't a Wario Land just because it has the same character.
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#14Nin3DSFanPosted 9/14/2013 1:04:27 PM
segagamer posted...
Everyone is complaining about lack of Metroid, Star fox, and F-Zero (who I feel bad for, except Metroid). What about Wario Land though?

Wario World was a mediocre, horribly repetitive beat em up (with literally 3 enemies)
Wario Land Master of Disguise (never played it, but it just seems strange)
Wario Land Shake It (very meh, graphics were amazing, but the game itself leaved much to be desired. Transformations were rarely ever used, and literally 7 enemies in total game)

I know Nintendo has Wario Ware, but Game & Wario is very average. It's an extremely ugly game that uses old tech demos, is bad as a single player experience, and doesn't even have the classic micro games (except one mini-game).

And compared to even Nintendo Land (8/10 in my book, 9/10 as a mini game collection), Game & Wario is a failure.

Thoughts? Anybody else love the fat, ugly lug and his once great games?

Let's see....
Metroid games:
Metroid (1986, NES)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (1991, Game Boy)
Super Metroid (1994, SNES)
Metroid Prime (2002, GameCube; 2009 - Wii)
Metroid Fusion (2002, Game Boy Advance)
Metroid: Zero Mission (2004, Game Boy Advance)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004 - GameCube; 2009 - Wii)
Metroid Prime Hunters (2006, DS)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007 - Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Wii, 2010)

3 years since last Metroid game... and people say there's a lack of Metroid games? There's been an average of roughly 1 game every 3 years as of 2013

Star Fox games:
Star Fox (1993, SNES)
Star Fox 64 (1997, N64)
Star Fox Adventures (2002, GameCube)
Star Fox: Assault (2005, GameCube)
Star Fox Command (2006, DS)
Star Fox 64 3D (2011, 3DS)

2 years since last Star Fox game, 7 years since last new Star Fox game.... if you don't count the remake, 7 years since the last game should be long enough for people to want a new Star Fox game, but there's hardly a lack of Metroid games. An average of roughly 1 Star Fox game every 4 years including SF643D, or 5 years not including SF643D as of 2013

F-Zero games:
F-Zero (1990, SNES)
F-Zero X (1998, N64)
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (2001, GBA)
F-Zero GX (2003, GameCube)
F-Zero: GP Legend (2003, GBA)
F-Zero Climax (2004, GBA)

9 years since last F-Zero game... and this, I can understand how people are saying there's a lack of F-Zero games... not even a remake has been released... if you don't count the VC releases, since they're just emulations, and not remakes. An average of 1 game every 4 years as of 2013.

As for Wario Land... NOT counting Wario World...
Wario Land (1994, Game Boy)
Virtual Boy Wario Land (1995, Virtual Boy)
Wario Land II (1998, Game Boy and Game Boy Color)
Wario Land 3 (2000, Game Boy Color)
Wario Land 4 (2001, Game Boy Advance)
Wario Land: Shake It!/Shake/The Shake Dimension! (2008, Wii)
5 years since the last Wario Land game... which is long enough to want a new Wario Land game, and the fact there's only been one in the last 12 years... but again, with Metroid, there's been 5 in the last 10 years, averaging one every 2 years, where as there has been an average of 1 Wario Land game every 3.8 years as of 2013.

Metroid has has on average, the most games per year, out of those mentioned...

Compared to Mario, which has had a platform game every 1.5 years, NOT including remakes, or re-releases, such as SMBDX, or the Advance series, All-Stars, otherwise, if you include remakes, and re-releases, there have been probably more than 1 game per year... or at least close to 1 per year. If people want to complain about the lack of games for a series, what about Ice Climber? There has only been one game, and therefore, no new games since 1985. Clu Clu Land has had no games since 1984.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#15segagamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 1:17:20 PM
If people want to complain about the lack of games for a series, what about Ice Climber? There has only been one game, and therefore, no new games since 1985. Clu Clu Land has had no games since 1984.

This is stupid. Both aren't even series, as there only was one game. Also, unlike Mario or Metroid, revolutionary games that deserved sequels, both Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land are merely mediocre games bogged down by awful controls, that would have been completely forgettable in an arcade.

BTW, Vs. Clu Clu Land has new stages and a boss, if that counts.
#16Nin3DSFanPosted 9/14/2013 1:26:43 PM
But still, out of the 4 series mentioned, F-Zero is the only one that REALLY deserves complaining about, not having a single game since 2004. Star Fox had a remake in 2011, and has probably had some VC releases, but I haven't checked, but otherwise, nothing since 2006... which is still a long time. But I still can't see why people are saying there's a lack of Metroid games.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#17DeathSoul2000Posted 9/14/2013 1:30:16 PM
colt85 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
colt85 posted...
And I didn't know anyone that said Wairio Land Shake It was an excellent game. Really, it's Wario's Epic Yarn

Wario Land is pretty much dead. The games don't sel as much as the Ware series which most likely are easier to produce.

i think game & wario + d.i.y proves the ware series isn't the "heavy hitter" series you think it is. i'd wager they both sell miniscule amounts.

G&W is not a WW game, same way as Wario World isn't a Wario Land just because it has the same character.

Sorry, but it is. It plays exactly like WarioWare in one mode, what more proof do you need? In fact it plays like a reverse WarioWare, that focuses on the big unlockable minigames as opposed to microgames. It IS a continuation of WarioWare whether you want to accept it or not. All the proof is there - it has all the staple WarioWare characters and quirks, just with a new name, the only difference being the focus on big minigames rather than microgames.