I admit i own a Wii U only to get laughed at...

#1Second_HokagePosted 9/13/2013 3:51:43 PM
All my friends own a ps3 or 360, and are planning on buying next gen. I am the only one, maybe in the entire neighborhood, that has a wii u. When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle. Its embarrasing, people make me feel like an idiot for buying wii u games because wii u has some sort of childish stigma. Everyone makes me feel stupid i own a wii u, and there is nothing i can say to defend myself because there is nothing i can use to defend the wii u (if mario kart 8 and smash bros. were released, i'd have ammo).

Are some of you guys also the only ones who own a wii u in your neighborhood?
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 9/13/2013 3:53:31 PM
ok
#3denniedarkoPosted 9/13/2013 3:53:44 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
All my friends own a ps3 or 360, and are planning on buying next gen. I am the only one, maybe in the entire neighborhood, that has a wii u. When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle. Its embarrasing, people make me feel like an idiot for buying wii u games because wii u has some sort of childish stigma. Everyone makes me feel stupid i own a wii u, and there is nothing i can say to defend myself because there is nothing i can use to defend the wii u (if mario kart 8 and smash bros. were released, i'd have ammo).

Are some of you guys also the only ones who own a wii u in your neighborhood?

I can't say for sure about my neighborhood, but out my friends, yes I am. I enjoy it, have no plans to buy the PS4 or Xbox one, and don't really care what people think of me or my gaming tastes...especially not Gamestop employees.
---
Now Playing: Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
#4Golden MavenPosted 9/13/2013 3:53:47 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle.

Uh... cool story
#5plasticman13Posted 9/13/2013 3:54:11 PM
I have yet to see a Wii U in person in my life.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#6Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 3:55:37 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle.

Uh... cool story

Its true. I think the majority of gamestop workers think the wii u is bad or something.
#7thefabregas22Posted 9/13/2013 3:56:17 PM
I don't buy games from the store for this very reason.
I went to pick up pikmin 3 from grainger games and the local hoodlums took my pants off and pushed me over and took a picture, they then called me a baby.
Saddest thing is I never got those pants back
One thing that was slightly ironic was the leader of the group was wearing a dual set of power gloves
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#8segagamerPosted 9/13/2013 3:59:49 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...

Uh... cool story

Its true. I think the majority of gamestop workers think the wii u is bad or something.

I'm lucky then I guess.

My friends are more so indifferent to Wii U, but the ones that have played it have had a lot of fun. The only kid I know that outright hates is because he's "pc gaming master race".

Also, I know people that would want to get a wii U, once Smash Bros comes out.
#9LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/13/2013 4:01:45 PM
All of my friends and family have loved the Wii U when they played it. They just don't want to spend any money on a new console. We all care about video games, though. I can understand the aversion coming from the sophisticated audience wanting to advance games as art and interactive cinematic pieces. Nintendo is just too far behind for that.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#10citreanPosted 9/13/2013 4:05:10 PM
game consoles are a status symbol?
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867 / PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
Deadpool: "My common sense is tingling"