I admit i own a Wii U only to get laughed at...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I admit i own a Wii U only to get laughed at...

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
3 years ago#1
All my friends own a ps3 or 360, and are planning on buying next gen. I am the only one, maybe in the entire neighborhood, that has a wii u. When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle. Its embarrasing, people make me feel like an idiot for buying wii u games because wii u has some sort of childish stigma. Everyone makes me feel stupid i own a wii u, and there is nothing i can say to defend myself because there is nothing i can use to defend the wii u (if mario kart 8 and smash bros. were released, i'd have ammo).

Are some of you guys also the only ones who own a wii u in your neighborhood?

User Info: KAMMYqueen

KAMMYqueen
3 years ago#2
ok

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
3 years ago#3
Second_Hokage posted...
All my friends own a ps3 or 360, and are planning on buying next gen. I am the only one, maybe in the entire neighborhood, that has a wii u. When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle. Its embarrasing, people make me feel like an idiot for buying wii u games because wii u has some sort of childish stigma. Everyone makes me feel stupid i own a wii u, and there is nothing i can say to defend myself because there is nothing i can use to defend the wii u (if mario kart 8 and smash bros. were released, i'd have ammo).

Are some of you guys also the only ones who own a wii u in your neighborhood?

I can't say for sure about my neighborhood, but out my friends, yes I am. I enjoy it, have no plans to buy the PS4 or Xbox one, and don't really care what people think of me or my gaming tastes...especially not Gamestop employees.
Now Playing: Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
3 years ago#4
Second_Hokage posted...
When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle.

Uh... cool story

User Info: plasticman13

plasticman13
3 years ago#5
I have yet to see a Wii U in person in my life.
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
3 years ago#6
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
When i go to gamestop, i get weird looks when i ask for wii u version of games, and sometimes workers giggle.

Uh... cool story

Its true. I think the majority of gamestop workers think the wii u is bad or something.

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
3 years ago#7
I don't buy games from the store for this very reason.
I went to pick up pikmin 3 from grainger games and the local hoodlums took my pants off and pushed me over and took a picture, they then called me a baby.
Saddest thing is I never got those pants back
One thing that was slightly ironic was the leader of the group was wearing a dual set of power gloves
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy

User Info: segagamer

segagamer
3 years ago#8
Second_Hokage posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...

Uh... cool story

Its true. I think the majority of gamestop workers think the wii u is bad or something.

I'm lucky then I guess.

My friends are more so indifferent to Wii U, but the ones that have played it have had a lot of fun. The only kid I know that outright hates is because he's "pc gaming master race".

Also, I know people that would want to get a wii U, once Smash Bros comes out.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 years ago#9
All of my friends and family have loved the Wii U when they played it. They just don't want to spend any money on a new console. We all care about video games, though. I can understand the aversion coming from the sophisticated audience wanting to advance games as art and interactive cinematic pieces. Nintendo is just too far behind for that.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: citrean

citrean
3 years ago#10
game consoles are a status symbol?
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867 / PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
Deadpool: "My common sense is tingling"
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I admit i own a Wii U only to get laughed at...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived