Why is it when someone talks about the poor sales of the Wii U

#1ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 9/13/2013 6:54:25 PM
someone ALWAYS says that Nintendo has plenty of money in the bank and nothing to worry about? Look, WE KNOW THIS. People want to talk about the potential failure of the Wii U *not* if Nintendo is going out of business, going software only, or if the company is turning a profit. The key question is if the console *only* is turning a profit or if it will in the future, and if not, then when will a successor arrive. Another question is how much or if at all does Nintendo "get" their current dilemma. That is what people want to talk about.

Personally, the dead giveaway is that Nintendo is resorting to Mario sports games one year in. That tells me Nintendo is already going through the motions and mostly focusing on the next console. The last time Nintendo did this was the late Gamecube era--mostly Mario sports and Mario Party games. I think Miyamoto doesn't get it at all and it's everyone else who has to pick up the slack. Once he does get it is probably the turning point. I know people will rip me for saying this, but I hope Wii U ends up being worst case scenario and the new system is out by 2015. That way Nintendo is only two years behind and with the slow start to the other consoles they can get ahead pretty quickly by neglecting the (most likely) failed Wii U. It won't help people who do buy it but then again Nintendo fans are so rabid it probably won't turn them off too much.

Hopefully this thread will have some real discussion and not defensiveness.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 9/13/2013 6:58:36 PM
When someone brings up the U's bad sales, they usually spout "NintenDOOOOOOMED!" Not "Wii U DOOOOOOOMED!", but "NintenDOOOOOOOOOMED!"
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#3userfrigginamePosted 9/13/2013 6:59:12 PM
Wait, what Mario sports games are even out?
#4Fisto81Posted 9/13/2013 7:05:49 PM
What "dilemma"? They're the most profitable game company by FAR. They only had one year out of 30 in the red since they got into video games.

Nintendoomed since 1889.
#5Tsutarja495Posted 9/13/2013 7:12:47 PM(edited)
You say they have a Mario sports game coming for Wii U? Which one, tell me so I can get it on pre-order. I need more Mario.

Maybe you meant Mario & Sonic Olympics, but that's an odd comparison when referencing the GC as that series started on Wii. Wii launched in 2006 and the first M&S O game was in 2007, so about the same time frame as this one.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#6Golden MavenPosted 9/13/2013 7:08:24 PM
Fisto81 posted...
Nintendoomed since 1889.

I wish drones would let that one go. Nintendo only started losing momentum in the N64 days.
#7Tsutarja495Posted 9/13/2013 7:19:15 PM(edited)
Oh yeah, and about your thing about people only referring to the Wii U and not the company. Haven't you seen the "Nintendo should go third party" comments on this board? Those are the ones people are responding to when they bring up Nintendo's money. Pretty much any time someone says Wii U is dead they also say something about Nintendo's situation as well, like them dropping out of home consoles or firing Iwata or something.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#8ukokira1Posted 9/13/2013 7:29:15 PM
Because most of the timer the original poster also says that Nintendo is doomed and the Wii U is their last console and what not.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#9demesjos2Posted 9/13/2013 7:33:56 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Oh yeah, and about your thing about people only referring to the Wii U and not the company. Haven't you seen the "Nintendo should go third party" comments on this board? Those are the ones people are responding to when they bring up Nintendo's money. Pretty much any time someone says Wii U is dead they also say something about Nintendo's situation as well, like them dropping out of home consoles or firing Iwata or something.

Iwata should retire. The wii-u has been a mess from the get go. Third party may be more profitable for Nintendo in the future. I would rather see Nintendo go third party and not pull a Sega and ruin and neglect so many franchises. Would smash not to cod numbers on 360 and ps3?
---
Currently playing - SMT IV, Suikoden V, waiting on Tales of Xilia to arrive at my door
#10TalentedMPosted 9/13/2013 7:34:53 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about OP.

Stop it, just stop. I can't even find a "Mario sports game" that is out right now. If anything they are relying on their heavy hitters to carry the system into more homes like DKC, 3D Mario and Zelda. Along with MK8 and Smash.

I can honestly say, despite it "selling poorly", it is a solid system and will easly make its way eventually into the homes of a lot of gamers. Especially once even more games show up and the PS4s shiny newness rubs off and they eventually want to try it out.

I know plenty of people who just cant invest in it because they are fans of Sony, but they plan on getting one later. Maybe even after another price drop or when a bundle comes around that they really want (I totally smell a MK8 bundle in the mix).

It is selling poorly (IMO) because of the terrible launch and pushed back games for the console. But really it is working its way back up and the numbers have been increasing since the middle of the year.

I really wanna see what this new bundle does for its sales.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing