I've gotten the Nintendo console first every gen I've been gaming.

#1chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/13/2013 8:23:43 PM
Got an SNES at launch and a Genesis many years later.
Got N64 when OoT came out and PSone week before launch of PS2
Got GC a few months after launch and PS2 and XBox after their first price drops.
Got a Wii on launch day and 360 after price drop and PS2 when the slim came out.
Next Week I'll be getting the Wii U

Can anyone else say this?
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#2Tsutarja495Posted 9/13/2013 8:27:01 PM
NES my parents bought me a few years into it's life. Every Nintendo system after that I have gotten at launch. I have never bought a non-Nintendo system so I qualify for this thread, since the Nintendo systems were indeed the first every time.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#3teh1337gosuPosted 9/13/2013 8:31:54 PM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Got an SNES at launch and a Genesis many years later.
Got N64 when OoT came out and PSone week before launch of PS2
Got GC a few months after launch and PS2 and XBox after their first price drops.
Got a Wii on launch day and 360 after price drop and PS2 when the slim came out.
Next Week I'll be getting the Wii U

Can anyone else say this?

Hmm, yes me too, my non Nintendo consoles are PS2/PSP/ps3/360/PC.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#4GamerguymassPosted 9/13/2013 8:32:59 PM
I had an NES, but my parents didn't really like video games at all so I only had a couple of games for it. So obviously then that meant no SNES or other systems. I bought an N64 myself a few weeks after I turned 12 with money I had saved up from Christmas, birthday, and any random chores. Since then I have had every system for every company, whether I bought it myself or got it for a present. The only exception to this is currently the PS3 and the Wii U. But that has more to do with not having the money to buy either one then not wanting them. If I won the lottery I would have a backlog of games that would fill a couple of bookshelves. If only.....:-(
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#5Luigifan141Posted 9/13/2013 8:36:29 PM(edited)
Yeah, I always tend to get the Nintendo consoles first, too.

I got a NES many years after it released, but it quickly got replaced by the RetroN 3 (A three-in-one console that plays NES, SNES, and Genesis games.) I never had any competitors like the Master System.

I had a SNES a long time ago, but it got stolen. The RetroN 3 replaced it, along with my NES. I never got a Genesis, so the RetroN 3 counts for that, I guess.

I got a N64 a few months after it's launch, and I still have it plugged into my TV in good condition. I got a SEGA Saturn many years later, but I never got around to getting a PS1.

I got the GCN on launch, then I got an Xbox at some point, and then I got a PS2 once the slim model came out. This marked the first time that I got all three of the major consoles for a generation.

I also managed to get a Wii on launch. I got an Xbox 360 a year later, and I got the PS3 when the first slim model released, much like my PS2.

I got a Wii U on launch, and I plan to get the PS4 at some point in the future, but not on it's launch. I'm not sure if I'll get an Xbox One or not, but I don't think I'll ever get one due to Microsoft making all of their products complete garbage at this point. (I'm looking at you, Windows Vista/Windows 8.)
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Sonic '06, Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
#6SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/13/2013 8:48:31 PM
Yes I can say that as almost every Nintendo system they made mine were purchased the 1st day they went on sale.
I will say The GBA, and GBA sp I had prior to them going on sale in the US. My GBA has a Japanese serial number, and My SP Toys R us sold to me a week early (jokingly asked them if they had it and the worker was like YEA JUST GOT EM)
The Wii U it took me a few months to get the cash to buy it.

Non nintendo System I owned I got way later like the game gear I got it sometime around when mortal kombat was released on it, and the Dreamcast I got after they hit $30 when sega discontinued em. I also own 2nd gen PSP that I got about a year ago for $35, and made it play SNES games which is the only use I could find as the games I played on it I found bland.

Outside my Nintendo systems I have always owned a PC that I used to augment my gaming needs so I've not needed another system.

Only time there was a game these past 2 gens that I wanted on another system that wasn't on a Nintendo system was Tales of Graces F... Which should have been released on the Wii like it was in Japan... Besides that the few other games were available on Steam for my PC which will be happening this coming gen too as all multiplats missing the Wii U will appear on the PC as better editions like normal.
#7HermeticJusticePosted 9/13/2013 8:58:22 PM
I have a Virtual Boy and a Game & Watch, which should be the only real requirements to being a hardcore Nintendo fan

It's like my Zelda friend who played through all the CD-i games
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#8avigeant83Posted 9/13/2013 8:59:46 PM
I buy every system at launch but I do get Nintendo consoles one day one at least.
#9demesjos2Posted 9/13/2013 9:02:18 PM
I ve had every Nintendo system since the NES except the Wii-U. They were not always first but it normally didn't take me long to pick their consul up expect the n64. Was a broke kid had to save a long time for that n64, damn Squaresoft and the other RPGS that were sucking all my money on the ps1.
---
Currently playing - SMT IV, Suikoden V, waiting on Tales of Xilia to arrive at my door
#10TalentedMPosted 9/13/2013 9:06:31 PM
I never owned a N64, PSX was my Final Fantasy machine and the only real reason I bought it (I wished it would have been the N64). Then I got the PS2 and Xbox because my friend owned a gamecube. Then I got a Wii and loved the f*** out of it with an Xbox 360 and a PS3 last year.

I have had a gaming PC almost every gen, I started with NES but at that time there was no other thing to have. I had an atari from my parents but I rarely played it before I got the NES (too young).

I tend to lean more Nintendo than any other. They always have the games I WANT to play and eventually can no longer ignore despite not owning the console, I will find a way to play them. As a 28 year old aduly male now, I have plenty of ways to get the consoles and games I want, so it is no longer a problem.

I will eventually buy all of them... Maybe not the X1 this gen, but we will see.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing