Why the hell would they release The Wonderful 101 the same week as GTAV?

#11Reflex-ArcPosted 9/13/2013 9:54:53 PM
Nintendosuks posted...
Why does it matter if all you own is a WiiU? You're not playing GTAV on that laughable console and 101 is a WiiU exclusive so how would it effect sales? Unless some Wiiu owners are smart enough to own a good console to play good games. Also it's not subjective it's a fact that GTA will be better than 101. There is a reason GTA sells tens of millions of copies per entry.

Call me crazy, but I get the impression that you may not be a Nintendo fan...
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#12Maverick_ReznorPosted 9/13/2013 9:55:56 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
I don't think their target audiences overlap much.

one game focuses on hardcore action slash gamers
the other focuses on everyone and their grandma
#13HoundourPosted 9/13/2013 9:56:10 PM
TalentedM posted...
I am what some consider (in my group of friends anyways) a Nintendo fanboy... I can not wait for GTA or W101 and will be getting them both!

I don't know if I need to turn in my Nintendo Fanboy card or not because I just said that.

You just broke one of the Nintendo Fanboy's 10 commandments.

Owning a console outside of Nintendo shall not be permitted.
---
#14AK_the_TwilightPosted 9/13/2013 9:56:46 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Kromlech06 posted...

Aren't grandmas the target demographic for the Grand Theft Auto series?
---
There's no mistaking it.
#15Kromlech06Posted 9/13/2013 9:59:48 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Kromlech06 posted...

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#16ChipChippersonPosted 9/13/2013 9:59:50 PM
TalentedM posted...
I am what some consider (in my group of friends anyways) a Nintendo fanboy... I can not wait for GTA or W101 and will be getting them both!

I don't know if I need to turn in my Nintendo Fanboy card or not because I just said that.

I don't know why it's so beyond the realms of possibility these days that one can simply just dislike a game or franchise and not everything can be pigeonholed under ''fanboyism''. It's enraging. I don't like GTA and I've never liked GTA in any of its incarnations on any console.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#17_Sovereign_Posted 9/13/2013 10:00:03 PM
Nintendosuks posted...
Why does it matter if all you own is a WiiU? You're not playing GTAV on that laughable console and 101 is a WiiU exclusive so how would it effect sales? Unless some Wiiu owners are smart enough to own a good console to play good games. Also it's not subjective it's a fact that GTA will be better than 101. There is a reason GTA sells tens of millions of copies per entry.

Practically everything you've said is in fact subjective, and I've never seen an opinion so.....well, I'll let it speak for itself, as Peggy Hill did in a Spanish courtroom. You seem angry at something.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#18bskiffingtonPosted 9/13/2013 10:00:06 PM
Im not a Nintendo fanboy but I don't care for GTA. Yeah, I own a Wii U but I've put more hours into my PS2/3 than any Nintendo console since the N64. I've played previous GTA games and theyre fun at first but I find they get very repetitive after a while. I don't care for it but I'll probably end up picking it up somewhere down the road when theres a price drop and all of the hype has died off.
#19diggyfreshPosted 9/13/2013 10:04:33 PM
gecko_man2 posted...
I'm not saying anything about which game is the better buy, thats subjective. Whats objective, however, is the fact that this game will be swept to the side in the wake of the GTA onslaught.

What the hell were they thinking?

W101 is the best Nintendo has right now. They want to match best for best. You don't send in your pawns to fight a queen.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest IX (DS) & Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
Progress: ???
#20HoundourPosted 9/13/2013 10:06:02 PM
diggyfresh posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
I'm not saying anything about which game is the better buy, thats subjective. Whats objective, however, is the fact that this game will be swept to the side in the wake of the GTA onslaught.

What the hell were they thinking?

W101 is the best Nintendo has right now. They want to match best for best.

LOL not even close.
---