I hope they make a game like Arc Rise Fantasia.

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 9/14/2013 12:39:31 AM
Before anyone thinks it's a joke, I actually really enjoyed the game (all faults aside esp. the Voice Overs which I kinda got used to and definitely had to have on during boss fights). That game alone made it worth it to own a Wii for me personally. One of the best takes on turn-based combat this gen next to Lost Odyssey. Be nice to have something like that (spiritually successor of sorts) for the Wii U with it's gamepad and really good graphics (I know not quite PS4/XB1 but still great in my humble opinion).
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#2AkaneJonesPosted 9/14/2013 5:58:24 AM
Image Epoch seems busy with PS3 & PSP games for whatever reason. The real question is if the game sold well enough in Japan it warrant any sort of a sequel. The game didn't suffer being broken by Ignition in Japan, and I'm sure if they made one other companies would give it a second chance. Most westerners into RPG that know about the game realize it was poor localization that killed it.

The main issue you'd have is actually expecting them to make the game for WiiU. At this time I'd expect them to make it for PS3 if they got on it.
#3blue_manPosted 9/14/2013 7:12:39 AM
I wish Arc Rise Fantasia came to my country.
#4YoyokuKOPosted 9/14/2013 7:22:48 AM
it'll probably hit vita with a redub.
i always wanted to try it, i really don't wanna sit through those voice overs.
#5MilesTeg420Posted 9/14/2013 7:57:37 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
it'll probably hit vita with a redub.
i always wanted to try it, i really don't wanna sit through those voice overs.

The voices can be turned off.

Anyway I doubt we get a sequel. The game bombed hard like most Marvelous games on Wii in Japan. Supporting Wii was a mistake that nearly bankrupted them.
#6TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 12:17:58 PM
^It's a shame. That game was a masterpiece for me personally. I was able to overlook the faults though since they weren't game breaking to me (those voice overs got better as the game went on). The gameplay though was second to none. Boss fights were a treat. Strategy was good on those fights. Optional bosses. End game bosses were fun as hell.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS(3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#7louis2828Posted 9/14/2013 12:20:55 PM
dude this game was frickin' awesome The OST was on point too.....
Yuki harada held it down on the composing aspect of this gem.

I never had a chance to finish it but i had hella fun wit it!

They dont make games like this anymore.....
#8hiplockPosted 9/14/2013 12:33:37 PM
Right there with you. Everyone goes on and on about Xenoblade. And while I get the appeal, Arc Rise Fantasia was the Wii game that really hooked me. For me it hit every right note as an old school jrpg. It even had a decent challenge to it, which can be pretty rare in these types of games. I never even really got that annoyed by the voice overs. It was really only bad for the first couple of hours. That's not bad for a 40+ hour game. This was probably my favorite rpg of the gen.
#9MilesTeg420Posted 9/14/2013 12:59:26 PM
My only real complaint is how awful the game looks on an HDTV. I also have component cables, no matter what the quality is bad.
#10TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 1:14:24 PM
^I played on my CRT monitor via HD Box Pro. But I even played on my gaming monitor and it looked good enough on it. I must say they are 17" and 24" respectively so maybe the pixilation wasn't that bad at those sizes.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT IV, ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)