Batman is cheaper on Wii U

#11RevOn_DXPosted 9/14/2013 11:52:00 AM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Does it matter, Is anyone really going to be buying this for the multi?

Multi is one thing my little bro wish Arkham City had. So it's a plus in my book
---
Dead or Alive: Dimensions! Prepare for Busts, Ninjas, and Busty Ninjas
Samus WILL be in Dead or Alive 5 for Wii-U! Bank on it!
#12SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/14/2013 12:07:50 PM

I wasn't, but I'm also not going to buy it cause its missing multi.

Reasoning is if it sells well with multi stripped it will send the message to the developer HEY PPL BUY THE WII U VERSIONS WITH STUFF MISSING. So next game we will get a stripped down version as hey if people will pay for it anyways why bother? This will keep on happening, now on the other hand if it sells poor they will be like WELL SEE TOLD YA NO ONE WANTS IT ON THAT SYSTEM SO LETS NOT PUT ANYTHING ELSE ON IT. So in all honesty Wii U owners are in a Catch 22, that is unless it sells poorly across the board like with rayman(which won't happen cause they could put batman's name on a literal turd and sell more then rayman did)
#13segagamerPosted 9/14/2013 12:17:20 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...

Reasoning is if it sells well with multi stripped it will send the message to the developer HEY PPL BUY THE WII U VERSIONS WITH STUFF MISSING. So next game we will get a stripped down version as hey if people will pay for it anyways why bother? This will keep on happening, now on the other hand if it sells poor they will be like WELL SEE TOLD YA NO ONE WANTS IT ON THAT SYSTEM SO LETS NOT PUT ANYTHING ELSE ON IT. So in all honesty Wii U owners are in a Catch 22, that is unless it sells poorly across the board like with rayman(which won't happen cause they could put batman's name on a literal turd and sell more then rayman did)

Dude calm down.

And yes, no online multi, but it has local.
#14Golden MavenPosted 9/14/2013 12:19:13 PM
Online would be DOA anyway, the user base is too small.
#15deimos91Posted 9/14/2013 12:34:54 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Seriously, guys, don't buy it. Leave them a note on Twitter (or however you can get through to them) that their new Batman game looks sweet, and you would have loved to buy it, but you're not paying money for a ****y, lazy, stripped-down port.

https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham heres their twitter
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#16DBPanterAPosted 9/14/2013 1:56:02 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Online would be DOA anyway, the user base is too small.

I agree. It is much like the on-line for Assassin's Creed. Some would enjoy it, but you buy the game for the single player mode.

I took advantage of the Amazon deal since the Batman games are incredible, and I fully expect Arkham Origins to be the same.

The attitude of buying games on other consoles is only adding to the issue of 3rd party support on the Wii U. I have bought many 3rd party games for the Wii U that people label as ports, and I have had fun with all of them. Need for Speed: Most Wanted was a lot of fun and quite a few people that I have recommended the game to since it is pretty cheap have enjoyed it as well (heaven forbid the game is published by EA).
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#17chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/14/2013 2:34:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...

It's unwinable regardless. If it sells well they know they can release a gimped version, if it sells poorly they'll still release a gimped version using the poor sales as justification.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#18Banjo2553Posted 9/14/2013 2:37:57 PM
It's unwinable regardless. If it sells well they know they can release a gimped version, if it sells poorly they'll still release a gimped version using the poor sales as justification.

I think the best method to overcome this is to not buy the gimped version, and have a bunch of people contacting them (like on twitter, which they do have an account for) saying that they would've bought the Wii U version if it had multiplayer.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#19MrMolinaroPosted 9/14/2013 2:44:00 PM(edited)
dominatinggamer posted...
It's been $50 on amazon for a while and I *think* you can still get the $10 amazon credit too. If you want the multiplayer experience obviously the WiiU version is not for you. If all you want is the single player though...seems the WiiU version may be the way to go if you buy it from amazon.

I still haven't decided.

It has the same $10 credit and pre-order DLC. Paying $10 less because of the exclusion of a mode I have no interest in is a great deal as far as I'm concerned.
#20darkjedilinkPosted 9/14/2013 3:01:01 PM
MrMolinaro posted...
dominatinggamer posted...
It's been $50 on amazon for a while and I *think* you can still get the $10 amazon credit too. If you want the multiplayer experience obviously the WiiU version is not for you. If all you want is the single player though...seems the WiiU version may be the way to go if you buy it from amazon.

I still haven't decided.

It has the same $10 credit and pre-order DLC. Paying $10 less because of the exclusion of a mode I have no interest in is a great deal as far as I'm concerned.

That's what caused me to pull the trigger - yeah, it's missing a mode, but it IS cheaper, and still has the DLC.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie