Poll: Nintendo will release a limited edition Mario Kart 8 bundle.

#11chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/14/2013 6:06:04 PM
The13Doctors posted...
I doubt it, Kart is what makes them their money and it's going to be 60 so it wouldn't fit in the bundle anyways.

You mean like Zombi U which was 60 and Nintendo Land which was 60, and Zelda which is 50
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#12mashuPosted 9/14/2013 6:21:53 PM
Kart bundle? Probably, although I doubt it would be limited, or anything special about it other than the game included.
#13The13DoctorsPosted 9/15/2013 12:41:21 AM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
The13Doctors posted...
I doubt it, Kart is what makes them their money and it's going to be 60 so it wouldn't fit in the bundle anyways.

You mean like Zombi U which was 60 and Nintendo Land which was 60, and Zelda which is 50

Back then they were making a profit with that, now they are taking a loss and have to include a game with the base model. Do you really think they'll just include Kart with the base model? That would be giving away tens of millions of dollars, or exponentially more.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#14pokemonfreak97Posted 9/17/2013 7:45:25 PM(edited)
Why should I care how they sell the Wii U? I already own the thing!
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#15jrb363Posted 9/23/2013 12:38:09 AM
FenderMaster posted...
They better release a MK8 and SSB bundle, those games move systems, and a bundle would do the business. I could see the WiiU hitting 20 million consoles sold by next Christmas if they do.

You do realize to hit 20 million sold Nintendo would have to sell over 1 million units a month from now (Sept) until December 2014? No way that happens unless Microsoft and Sony leave the business.
---
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
Me: lol
#16nonexistingheroPosted 9/23/2013 12:50:25 AM
m0deration posted...
I'm sure there will be a bundle. just not in the way you think. It probably won't have anything special like the Zelda Gamepad. It will probably be like Wii U + game + maybe a steering wheel.

Kinda like this, but no steering wheel. The Gamepad is pretty large. Anyhow, Mario Kart is their biggest upcoming system seller. I don't think they're going to do an LE of it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 9/23/2013 12:56:11 AM(edited)
jrb363 posted...
FenderMaster posted...
They better release a MK8 and SSB bundle, those games move systems, and a bundle would do the business. I could see the WiiU hitting 20 million consoles sold by next Christmas if they do.

You do realize to hit 20 million sold Nintendo would have to sell over 1 million units a month from now (Sept) until December 2014? No way that happens unless Microsoft and Sony leave the business.

It's possible if the Wii U picks up enough steam (though not very likely). The Xbox One most certainly isn't going to steal any sales. The huge price difference means they're 2 completely different audiences. If the Wii U ends up with 7-8 million total sales by 2014, they'd need to sell 5-6 million until September 2014. The rest could be sold during those holiday months. They would have to do a strategic price drop around September next year too though.

I'd say roughly 15 million by the end of 2014 is pretty realistic.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.