Poll: Nintendo will release a limited edition Mario Kart 8 bundle.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Poll: Nintendo will release a limited edition Mario Kart 8 bundle.
3 years ago#11
The13Doctors posted...
I doubt it, Kart is what makes them their money and it's going to be 60 so it wouldn't fit in the bundle anyways.

You mean like Zombi U which was 60 and Nintendo Land which was 60, and Zelda which is 50
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
3 years ago#12
Kart bundle? Probably, although I doubt it would be limited, or anything special about it other than the game included.
3 years ago#13
chris1001 the sequel posted...
The13Doctors posted...
I doubt it, Kart is what makes them their money and it's going to be 60 so it wouldn't fit in the bundle anyways.

You mean like Zombi U which was 60 and Nintendo Land which was 60, and Zelda which is 50

Back then they were making a profit with that, now they are taking a loss and have to include a game with the base model. Do you really think they'll just include Kart with the base model? That would be giving away tens of millions of dollars, or exponentially more.
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
3 years ago#14
Why should I care how they sell the Wii U? I already own the thing!
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
3 years ago#15
FenderMaster posted...
They better release a MK8 and SSB bundle, those games move systems, and a bundle would do the business. I could see the WiiU hitting 20 million consoles sold by next Christmas if they do.

You do realize to hit 20 million sold Nintendo would have to sell over 1 million units a month from now (Sept) until December 2014? No way that happens unless Microsoft and Sony leave the business.
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
Me: lol
3 years ago#16
m0deration posted...
I'm sure there will be a bundle. just not in the way you think. It probably won't have anything special like the Zelda Gamepad. It will probably be like Wii U + game + maybe a steering wheel.

Kinda like this, but no steering wheel. The Gamepad is pretty large. Anyhow, Mario Kart is their biggest upcoming system seller. I don't think they're going to do an LE of it.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
3 years ago#17
jrb363 posted...
FenderMaster posted...
They better release a MK8 and SSB bundle, those games move systems, and a bundle would do the business. I could see the WiiU hitting 20 million consoles sold by next Christmas if they do.

You do realize to hit 20 million sold Nintendo would have to sell over 1 million units a month from now (Sept) until December 2014? No way that happens unless Microsoft and Sony leave the business.

It's possible if the Wii U picks up enough steam (though not very likely). The Xbox One most certainly isn't going to steal any sales. The huge price difference means they're 2 completely different audiences. If the Wii U ends up with 7-8 million total sales by 2014, they'd need to sell 5-6 million until September 2014. The rest could be sold during those holiday months. They would have to do a strategic price drop around September next year too though.

I'd say roughly 15 million by the end of 2014 is pretty realistic.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Poll: Nintendo will release a limited edition Mario Kart 8 bundle.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived