Games Nintendo is unlikely to do but are so obvious.

#1pixel378Posted 9/15/2013 9:22:04 AM
We know Nintendo, they have been pretty content to stick to their guns and not really do anything to different lately. But what games would you like to see them green light? It seems more likely that they will shake it up since the wii U is bombing.

Personally, I would love a 3d console Pokemon game with a real time battle system. Functioning like Ni No Kuni without waiting to attack and switching to a "Battle zone". You run around as the trainer, traveling from town to town trying to get badges, meeting people, catching Pokemon etc, and if you are attacked or want to try and catch a Pokemon, you open a little submenu and quickly choose which Pokemon to throw out, and you control them.

It just seems like such an obvious game to make. It's baffling really.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/15/2013 9:26:39 AM
I think Violence Killer for virtual console is the obvious one.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#3DoramiPosted 9/15/2013 9:32:25 AM
Pokemon MMORPG...
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#4jetstreamfoulPosted 9/15/2013 9:32:48 AM
Star Fox from Platinum Games or Retro Studios. Im glad that DKC is back but i need my Star Fox fix.
#5chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/15/2013 9:34:27 AM
Dorami posted...
Pokemon MMORPG...

This is pretty much the only answer. A pokemon MMO done right is pretty much the only thing that would ever challenge WoW.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#6asmodai48Posted 9/15/2013 9:55:45 AM
A pokemon mmo exclusive to wii u..... how have they not done this yet?
#7AK_the_TwilightPosted 9/15/2013 10:12:02 AM
asmodai48 posted...
A pokemon mmo exclusive to wii u..... how have they not done this yet?

Nintendo keeps saying that the Pokemon experience is best served on handhelds and while I can understand that argument due to RPG's being good for short bursts whenever and wherever, Nintendo needs to understand how big a deal a Pokemon MMORPG would be. Even the most die-hard LoL player would be interested in this: it's a pipe dream, but also a guilty pleasure.

Not only would they get a ton of initial buyers, but by frequently offering new updates and quests, they could hook gamers for the long term too. While microtransactions would be overdoing it, a small subscription fee would be a small price to pay for me, and Nintendo could get profits over time beyond release.

At the very least, Nintendo should quit axing the fanmade versions of Pokemon MMO. If they're not gonna make one themselves, they should leave them alone.
---
There's no mistaking it.
#8cavebear56Posted 9/15/2013 10:21:18 AM
Nintendo MOBA.

or

Pokémon MOBA.

Or RTS game.

Have it focused around an outside force that merges multiple IPs together.

All of those are online focused. The first two is an easy way to make a lot of money (as LoL and DotA 2 have shown).

Also include hats. Hats for trade. Trading hats simulator...because we all love that.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#9guedesbrawlPosted 9/15/2013 10:23:07 AM
A Mario and Sonic PLATFORMER!!!!

come on, Olympics got old already.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...