Is GameStop TRYING to make Wii U fail?

#1Fisto81Posted 9/15/2013 10:18:50 AM
I honestly think its time for us Nintendo Fans to boycott GameStop for good.

I just went in to pick up Wonderful 101. He asked me if I preordered and I told him no. Then he told me "well we only have enough for our preorders!"

I couldn't believe it. "You guys do that on purpose to force people to preorder and meet your stupid quotas!" I told him. He responded by saying that some games are rare and pre-ordering makes it so that they can get enough copies for their location.

But here's the best part: as I was leaving to go to Best Buy, this jack@$$ has the nerve to ask me if I preordered GTA V yet!!!

I decided I'm never going to another GameStop again. I will never renew my power up rewards again. Their preorder shenanigans are one thing, but actively pushing Sony/M$ titles and belittling Wii U is taking it too far.
#2chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/15/2013 10:21:37 AM
This isn't Wii U specific. This is how Gamestop operates to drive preorders. Go anywhere else and you'll find plenty of copies.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#3huckbeinePosted 9/15/2013 10:27:42 AM
dont blame him hes doing his job. countless gamestop employees get fired for not asking customers if they havent preordered the latest game.
#4HaloOfTheSun442Posted 9/15/2013 10:28:16 AM
I don't think your "conversation" actually happened. But yes, GameStop only stocks enough new games for preorders (and often not even then and will screw someone over who preordered). This is why preordering is generally a bad idea, especially since you can go to pretty much any other store and just pick up the game.
#5BloodychessPosted 9/15/2013 10:28:18 AM
Parody account telling people to boycott Gamestop.

Move on.
---
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
#6Companion_Cube_Posted 9/15/2013 10:31:13 AM
They do this all the time.
---
People who say Nintendo games are for kids need to grow up themselves.
Past/Current Systems: GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, PSOne, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360
#7Mega WolfPosted 9/15/2013 10:49:05 AM(edited)
Gamestops preordering works like this.
If it's not a big name titles (GTA, Madden, CoD), Gamestop only gets enough for preorders +10% if I recall. (EX. Gamestop gets 5 preorders, they will get 1 copy for non preorders)
So yea, preordering helps with stock on rare games (mostly japanese). So I dont know why people complain when they come in and gamestop doesn't have it. You knew you wanted it, you shoulda pre ordered it.
Not only does it help the publishers, it help stores get stock which means they would get more for non pre order costumers.

I mean why whine.
If they dont have it and you dont like pre ordering even though you know you are already getting the game, go buy it somewhere else.

I use to work there and this is one of the complaints I dont get, though most other complaints are legit.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#8zender1999Posted 9/15/2013 10:49:43 AM
its nintendo that puts limited copies out, they want digital sales, it is more money for nintendo
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 9/15/2013 10:50:53 AM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
This isn't Wii U specific. This is how Gamestop operates to drive preorders. Go anywhere else and you'll find plenty of copies.

This. I saw this happen with MGS, KH, FF as well. And a lot of times they even under order so there isn't even enough for pre-orders.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10ShagyamPosted 9/15/2013 10:51:52 AM
Are you stupid?

It's a rare Japanese game for the Wiiu. Do you really expect gamestop to order 100 copies when they only had 10 pre orders?
---
PSN- Hellz88
GT - Hellz07