Nintendo Says It Is Aware Of Demand For A Unified Account System Wii U and 3DS

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 9/15/2013 7:44:33 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/15/nintendo-says-it-is-aware-of-demand-for-a-unified-account-system-for-3ds-and-wii-u/

Nintendo of Americaís head of business development, Dan Adelman, has told Destructiod that the company is fully aware of users complaints regarding a lack of a unified account system for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. However, Adelman confesses that it isnít his department and that developers behind eShop games havenít really been vocal about it.

ďWe donít have anything new to announce, unfortunately, other than weíve definitely heard that feedback many times from both inside and outside the company. Itís definitely something that weíre very much aware of. All development for the infrastructure really happens out of Japan, so weíve kind of communicated this need in the market, and theyíre very much aware of it and working towards really just always improving the eShop.Ē

ďIn terms of how developers or consumers are impacted by it, Iíve definitely read a lot of frustrations from consumers. I actually havenít heard it too much from developers ó it just doesnít come up as much in conversation, or if it does come up, itís usually from a standpoint of them also being a consumer as well as a developer. But I have never heard a developer say, ĎIím interested in making games for the eShop, but because of this account system, I really donít feel comfortable doing that.í That hasnít seemed to be a barrier at this point.Ē

---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2huckbeinePosted 9/15/2013 7:47:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 9/15/2013 7:50:53 PM
#4cmincPosted 9/15/2013 8:37:50 PM
I read this elsewhere and got kind of put off at the implication of devs having to want this before theyll take it seriously, but the way it reads its like theyre pretending they dont enjoy people buying the same games over and over.

Ive never had a nintendo product break on me, but it would be nice not having to worry about it in the event that it did happen. I cant imagine how people who buy a lot on e shop feel about potentially losing their entire game collection to something as random as a power surge.
---
---
#5Bahamut_10thPosted 9/15/2013 8:41:19 PM
huckbeine posted...
PR double speak for "we cant do sh*t and we dont want to do sh*t"

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

He's basically saying he knows it's really bad but on the other hand it doesn't seems to be stopping the eShop from getting support from the developers, and that could be making the eShop/NN staff consider the unified account not a priority.
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
#6huckbeinePosted 9/15/2013 8:44:55 PM
Whats funny here is Nintendo have to ask developers for this? studios will surely say "Not my problem, its yours Nintendo" This issue is more customer oriented problem, why do they have to wait for the developers, what are they thinking?
#7DBPanterAPosted 9/15/2013 8:46:52 PM
cminc posted...
I read this elsewhere and got kind of put off at the implication of devs having to want this before theyll take it seriously, but the way it reads its like theyre pretending they dont enjoy people buying the same games over and over.

Ive never had a nintendo product break on me, but it would be nice not having to worry about it in the event that it did happen. I cant imagine how people who buy a lot on e shop feel about potentially losing their entire game collection to something as random as a power surge.

Any purchase made via the eShop is linked to your club Nintendo account as long as you register the console. If you want to spend some time talking to them on the phone, they can restore the games (not the saves) for digital purchases.

I had my Wii break in early 2012 (launch Wii, laser went out), and they sent back a Wii that was made in the US (not refurbished, made as I spoke to the higher ups and they assured me it had never been used, and I believe them since I didn't lose my cool when I asked where the new Wii came from). Once I got the Wii back, and registered it, I simply went to the Wii Shop channel and all the games I had previously downloaded were free.

I would prefer a unified account. Yet, I do realize that when they release games digitally, there is different coding needed for games to run. It is also an opportunity for them to make money on two sales. I simply choose which console (3DS/Wii U) I want to play the game and buy it.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#8huckbeinePosted 9/15/2013 8:49:23 PM
#9Tsutarja495Posted 9/15/2013 8:54:11 PM
Seems logical, saying that if developers cared about them having an account system they'd do it, but they won't give in just because the consumers want it. Consumers will buy Nintendo systems regardless of it they have features people are begging for. Look at the 3DS, it's region locked, has no achievements, no account system, etc; and it's selling great because consumers are willing to put up with that to get Nintendo games.

Consider this. As it stands, if someone wants to buy the same VC game on both the 3DS and Wii U they will buy it twice. But if there was a unified account system, they'd only buy it once to play on either system. Now, what's in it for Nintendo to do this? Why give up money for nothing? It's not like there are a great number of people for whom is this make it or break it.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#10biggy204Posted 9/15/2013 9:10:05 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Seems logical, saying that if developers cared about them having an account system they'd do it, but they won't give in just because the consumers want it. Consumers will buy Nintendo systems regardless of it they have features people are begging for. Look at the 3DS, it's region locked, has no achievements, no account system, etc; and it's selling great because consumers are willing to put up with that to get Nintendo games.

Consider this. As it stands, if someone wants to buy the same VC game on both the 3DS and Wii U they will buy it twice. But if there was a unified account system, they'd only buy it once to play on either system. Now, what's in it for Nintendo to do this? Why give up money for nothing? It's not like there are a great number of people for whom is this make it or break it.

Yes but the unified account system works wonders for the PSN (PS3-Vita-PSP) buy said game compatible with all systems 1 time with out having to buy it multiple times (Same with their Plus service expands to all Systems). But your right a business is all about $$$ so they wont really care how many copies you have to buy of for example SMB (NES) on 3DS, then on Wii, then on Wii U more money for the developers and licencer. Still in any case a Unified account system on all Nintendo Consoles wpuld be a very nice and better selling point, especially for games that could work cross platform (like the Virtual Console Games), and only games sepcific to a certain console will be seperated. That and it will be better in the long run incase of "Broken" or "Replaced" consoles because no one wants to buy Metroid 2 or more times if they keep getting defective consoles replaced.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else