Should Nintendo stop making new games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo stop making new games?
3 years ago#1
It seems HD remakes of their older classics are very popular with their fanbase. So should they just spend all their time doing HD remakes? I would love a Mario 64 HD or WaveRace HD.
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
3 years ago#2
HELL NO!
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
3 years ago#3
... What? No. Of course HD remakes of popular, but so are their new games. The Wii U has of course had major game delays creating a drought but the 3ds has tons of amazing new titles.
3 years ago#4
Yes, definitely. Even better, how about they just make endless remakes of OOT and forget about all their other games.
"Darwin gave us sensory organs for a purpose" -my friend, demonstrating his understanding of evolution
3 years ago#5
I think Mario 64 and Wave Race would hold up just as well today even if the only real change was updated graphics. Add some online play to Wave Race and I think it would be a hit.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
3 years ago#6
ChipChipperson posted...
I think Mario 64 and Wave Race would hold up just as well today even if the only real change was updated graphics. Add some online play to Wave Race and I think it would be a hit.

Exactly, nintendo has a huge backlog of great titles. They should devote all their dev teams to making HD remakes!!!! It would be awsome.
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
3 years ago#7
While I would love HD remakes, Nintendo shouldn't be spending their time with that. That can be outsourced to other teams, Nintendo needs to keep inventing. Think of a world without galaxy! I can't!!!!
It's just Another Day in Another World.
3 years ago#8
SkyCrackers posted...
Yes, definitely. Even better, how about they just make endless remakes of OOT and forget about all their other games.

This. Just think of the possibilities on Wii U alone:

1. OoT HD
2. OoT HD Master Quest
3. OoT HD Director's Cut
4. OoT HD Ultimate Master Quest
5. OoT HD Farewell Eighth Generation Edition
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Should Nintendo stop making new games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived