Should Nintendo stop making new games?

#1Cowboy082288Posted 9/17/2013 6:42:02 PM
It seems HD remakes of their older classics are very popular with their fanbase. So should they just spend all their time doing HD remakes? I would love a Mario 64 HD or WaveRace HD.
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#2SagadegoPosted 9/17/2013 6:45:28 PM
HELL NO!
---
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
#3Glem3Posted 9/17/2013 6:48:06 PM
... What? No. Of course HD remakes of popular, but so are their new games. The Wii U has of course had major game delays creating a drought but the 3ds has tons of amazing new titles.
#4SkyCrackersPosted 9/17/2013 6:48:17 PM
Yes, definitely. Even better, how about they just make endless remakes of OOT and forget about all their other games.
---
"Darwin gave us sensory organs for a purpose" -my friend, demonstrating his understanding of evolution
#5ChipChippersonPosted 9/17/2013 6:57:07 PM
I think Mario 64 and Wave Race would hold up just as well today even if the only real change was updated graphics. Add some online play to Wave Race and I think it would be a hit.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#6Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 7:07:19 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
I think Mario 64 and Wave Race would hold up just as well today even if the only real change was updated graphics. Add some online play to Wave Race and I think it would be a hit.

Exactly, nintendo has a huge backlog of great titles. They should devote all their dev teams to making HD remakes!!!! It would be awsome.
---
PSN/XBL - cowboyoni
#7Another WorldPosted 9/17/2013 7:10:01 PM
While I would love HD remakes, Nintendo shouldn't be spending their time with that. That can be outsourced to other teams, Nintendo needs to keep inventing. Think of a world without galaxy! I can't!!!!
---
It's just Another Day in Another World.
#8Bahamut_10thPosted 9/17/2013 7:17:37 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Yes, definitely. Even better, how about they just make endless remakes of OOT and forget about all their other games.

This. Just think of the possibilities on Wii U alone:

1. OoT HD
2. OoT HD Master Quest
3. OoT HD Director's Cut
4. OoT HD Ultimate Master Quest
5. OoT HD Farewell Eighth Generation Edition
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.