The reason Bethesda games and Rockstar games aren't coming to the Wii U

#161MichaelDeAngeloPosted 9/19/2013 5:26:48 AM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
Thaxagoodname posted...
The reason Bethesda isn't working on games for Wii U is because they don't want to develop for the system. (And they seem to be against Nintendo)

No Bethesda even said 'They didn't ask us what we wanted in the system' or something along those lines. I guarantee they would have said CPU PLEASE

Which is a shame, because that means Bethesda wanted nothing to do with learning how to use Nintendo's infrastructure, because its different.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#162eyeofcorePosted 9/19/2013 5:33:32 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
Thaxagoodname posted...
The reason Bethesda isn't working on games for Wii U is because they don't want to develop for the system. (And they seem to be against Nintendo)

No Bethesda even said 'They didn't ask us what we wanted in the system' or something along those lines. I guarantee they would have said CPU PLEASE

Which is a shame, because that means Bethesda wanted nothing to do with learning how to use Nintendo's infrastructure, because its different.

Wait, so now your point about Bethesda and Skyrim is invalid because they did not even try test their engine on it, they did not scratch the surface of the Wii U's hardware.
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#163Jet_Set_Radi_Go(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 2:40:46 PM
eyeofcore posted...
Thaxagoodname posted...

Wait, so now your point about Bethesda and Skyrim is invalid because they did not even try test their engine on it, they did not scratch the surface of the Wii U's hardware.

Because they can read numbers and know how their games work.
#164lightningbugxPosted 9/20/2013 5:08:13 AM
eyeofcore posted...
Thaxagoodname posted...

And apparently they can't read the words next to those numbers.
#165IlluminoiusPosted 9/20/2013 5:18:24 AM
AceMos posted...
nintendo made xenoblade which is a far larger world map than almost any other game

there's like nothing in it
#166Valandil75Posted 9/23/2013 2:08:10 PM
Kromlech06 posted...

This, and no Bethesda game could ever pass a Nintendo quality test.

Wow, as much as I love Fallout and Elder Scrolls this is a good point.
#167DiscostewSMPosted 9/23/2013 2:13:10 PM

This just in. Implementing programming bugs are part of Bethesda's game design.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#168EndgamePosted 9/23/2013 2:23:13 PM
and no Bethesda game could ever pass a nintendo quality test.

Pokémon Red/Green passed the Nintendo quality test in 1996 when Nintendo was still a good developer

that's the original Red/Green release, which had bugs which the japanese Blue version had fixed, the japanese Blue version being what the international release of Red and Blue were based off of (but with Red and Green's pokémon locations, ingame trades, etc.)

.....do I need to remind you how glitchy international Red and Blue were?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#169gnomelord255Posted 9/23/2013 2:24:48 PM
jumper1234 posted...
Watchdogs... nuff said.

You can bet money it will be dumbed down to Lego City levels

Lmao.

I'll take that bet. How much are you willing to lose?
#170FenderMasterPosted 9/23/2013 2:24:57 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
It's not the specs, it's not the controller, it's not some anti-Nintendo conspiracy, it's that they don't want to lose money when the game inevitably bombs on the Wii U.

This, and no Bethesda game could ever pass a nintendo quality test.

PS3 skyrim much?

Didn't Skyward Sword have a game breaking glitch towards the end when you're meeting the dragons, Nintendo ended up patching it. It's not the only game either, I could have sworn another Nintendo game had a game breaking glitch patched...

Skyrim's problem on the PS3 was more due to the system's awkward RAM partition afaik...
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org