The reason Bethesda games and Rockstar games aren't coming to the Wii U

#171Baha05Posted 9/23/2013 1:24:59 PM
Endgame posted...
Pokémon Red/Green passed the Nintendo quality test in 1996 when Nintendo was still a good developer

that's the original Red/Green release, which had bugs which the japanese Blue version had fixed, the japanese Blue version being what the international release of Red and Blue were based off of (but with Red and Green's pokémon locations, ingame trades, etc.)

.....do I need to remind you how glitchy international Red and Blue were?

Yet those bugs were still pretty damn few to bugs in a Bethesda game and we live in the year 2013 and they STILL have yet to fix a good chunk of bugs (In fact every time they try they make MORE bugs then they fix)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#172Miyamoto_ShiggyPosted 9/23/2013 9:31:10 PM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
Baha05 posted...
>Nintendo quality

Like The Croods right

Funny enough I bet the Croods has less glitches then Skyrim

Funny enough I bet Skyrim is actually fun

Oh wait it is

And I bet the Croods isn't

Oh wait it totally isn't, check some reviews

No, The Croods isn't fun.

Neither is Skyrim, now shut up.
---
"Wait a minute. You expect us poor innocent children to climb up dangerous scaffolding and paint naked people all over a church? We'll do it!" - Yakko
#173gameplayer6458Posted 9/24/2013 3:52:01 PM
Because they're being ass hats?
---
Gameplayer6458 for SSBU
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3000; SSBB FC: 4213 5566 2975
#174KingyodelPosted 9/24/2013 3:55:49 PM
The CPU. It is weaker than the last gen (almost a decade old now) competition, which they are developing for, and the sandbox games they create rely heavily on this crucial piece of hardware. Even if the GPU is slightly (and I mean slightly) above what is out now, the PS4/X1 will trump those even more as well. Even if this wasn't the case though, the CPU is impossible to work around at these levels. Sandbox games rely heavily on them.

Slower clock speed does not mean weaker CPU. I just bought an I5 3570k thats clocked at 3.8 after using an AMD FX 8350 clocked at 4.0 and the I5 blows it out of the water. Sure it takes more work to get things to run on the slower clock speed of the Wii U but it is by no means a weaker CPU. Just give it time. I mean look how long it took people to adjust to the CELL processor in the PS3.
---
King Yodel
#175Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/28/2013 4:23:24 PM
eyeofcore posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-skyrim - Skyrim does not need an install on Xbox 360 and bethesda actually managed to compress the whole game into silly 3.8Gb onto one disc so space storage won't be a problem.

Makes you wonder why they didn't just cut out voice acting and relied on text.
#176squatch22Posted 9/28/2013 4:32:04 PM
Something I found out earlier. .. Original Game Boy has a faster CPU than Game Gear and Atari Lynx.
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#177DrunkinslavPosted 9/28/2013 5:02:36 PM
AceMos posted...
AceMos posted...
TC please you clearly have not looked into the games the wii U has and is getting and thats fine

ppl are trying to explain to you that you are misinformed as i my self pointed out

the wii had a game with a verry large and detailed world map infact xenoblades map is larger than skyrim's

it just shows that some devlopers can work around simple problems

World map is not CPU. On screen enemies and cars, etc is CPU. That's the problem.

so youve not played xenoblade i take it?

I have. It's a big map but what about the interactivity? The life? There's hardly any of it and comparable to even GTA IV it's laughable. It's big, and big maps can be done easily but it's in sectors and loads. GTA V is completely open, everything is interactive, it has a ton of life and a ton ways to navigate. Xenoblade is blocked off. It's fantastic for the Wii but comparing it to the scope of any current gen open world rockstar game is just wrong and shows you did not play any of them if you think that way. Xenoblade is my favorite game of this gen but even I know the limits and the difference between open world and interactivity.
#178deimos91Posted 9/28/2013 6:35:14 PM
It is not weaker far from it. It is stringer but is harder to utilize due to architecture (Think PS3 Cell but worse) So strength has nothing to do with it a tricore with a newer architecture will outperform any dual core from 8 years ago
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#179IzecPosted 9/28/2013 6:41:22 PM(edited)
Nintendo always makes it so that you have to buy two consoles to get all the good games in a gen. -_-

Why, for once, can't they make something that draws in the third-parties? They definitely have the money to do so. It's annoying.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#180deimos91Posted 9/28/2013 6:43:33 PM
guttertalk posted...
squatch22 posted...
I wouldn't expect a troll like TC to provide proof of his claims. ..just to discount proof that others show.

1. I'm not a newsbot
2. Architecture is pointless compared to RAW POWER... I bet

Again, if you knew anything about Pentium 4 vs Core Duo, you'd know #2 is complete b.s.

Exactly I owned both and the Core 2 duo clocked at 2 GHZ performed smoother with an average increase of 3-5 FPS and handled physics and such at more proper rate compared to my Pentium 4 overclocked to 4.2 GHZ(From 3.6)
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.