The reason Bethesda games and Rockstar games aren't coming to the Wii U

#81AceMosPosted 9/18/2013 11:27:43 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
AceMos posted...
the game cube version coudl not have hte full sea loaded at once

and not alot of enmies are you mad? tons of enmies can show up in WW

and uh reviewers have played it they confirmed it is 1080 60fps

but you want a new game fine look at X

Again, all you've seen of X is a trailer, not the full world, not the full game.

nintendo has NEVER made a trailer look better than the finall product

infact they tend to do the reverse
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#82PigfartsPosted 9/18/2013 11:28:29 PM
jumper1234 posted...
Watchdogs... nuff said.

Watch dog isn't a next gen game. its coming to ps3 and 360 also.

Witcher 3 is next gen b/c it can not be made for ps3/360 without significant downgraded. Theif 4 same thing.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#83Jet_Set_Radi_Go(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 12:18:55 AM
Pigfarts posted...
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
The CPU. It is weaker than the last gen (almost a decade old now) competition, which they are developing for, and the sandbox games they create rely heavily on this crucial piece of hardware. Even if the GPU is slightly (and I mean slightly) above what is out now, the PS4/X1 will trump those even more as well. Even if this wasn't the case though, the CPU is impossible to work around at these levels. Sandbox games rely heavily on them.

Also cost vs sales. Its crazy when Wii U people say yeah but 75% of wii U owners would get it. thats still not enough to cover the cost of porting a downgraded version.

If WIi U puts up some decent hardware sale they will get more games. But evenually 1-2 years down the line once they stop making ps3/360 games, Wii U 3rd party support will be very limits.

Once they really start tapping the powering ps4 and xb1 with games that can not be supported by ps3/360, Wii U will be left behind.

And of course when they have been ignored for a few years like when the Wii was they will have to release another console. While the PS4/X1 remain in business for another decade at least. A few simple hardware tweaks (I'm lookin at you CPU) could have at least kept them relevant enough to port some more Skyrim/GTA5-level games but at this rate there won't be much on the table at all in the years to come besides downgrades and ports.
#84AceMosPosted 9/19/2013 12:23:12 AM
^ and yet nintendo will profit off the wii u while sony and microsoft will loose money ont here console

so sounds like nintendo is the smart one
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#85Xenesis XenonPosted 9/19/2013 12:24:17 AM
Nintendo could have put a supercomputer in the Wii U and the devs would probably have ignored it anyway.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#86Jet_Set_Radi_Go(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 12:28:41 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Nintendo could have put a supercomputer in the Wii U and the devs would probably have ignored it anyway.

Yes I'm sure if it was the most powerful console they would have every reason to ignore it. That's why the PS4 is doing so well.
#87AceMosPosted 9/19/2013 12:29:01 AM
AceMos posted...
^ and yet nintendo will profit off the wii u while sony and microsoft will loose money ont here console

---
#88PigfartsPosted 9/19/2013 12:37:31 AM
AceMos posted...

And while nintendo is profiting you will be left with a very expensive paper weight. Nintnedo profits are the weakest of the weak arguement since their profits aren't shared with you.

Was the only reason you got a wii u was for nintendo to make a buck off you?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#89squatch22Posted 9/19/2013 12:38:09 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...

This.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#90UponADarkThornePosted 9/19/2013 12:39:47 AM
Pigfarts posted...
jumper1234 posted...
Watchdogs... nuff said.

Watch dog isn't a next gen game. its coming to ps3 and 360 also.

Witcher 3 is next gen b/c it can not be made for ps3/360 without significant downgraded. Theif 4 same thing.

Thief 4 is seeing a PS360 release.

Anyway, you might be right about Rockstar.

However, I can't believe that Bethesda can't get an Elder Scolls or Fallout game on the Wii U. If their hardware really pushes the hardware to the max, I can't imagine that they really know how to optimize games to play on consoles. I enjoyed Skyrim (and I disliked the prior Elder Scrolls games) but the world doesn't really seem alive; and personally, I'd have taken a smaller world if I got one that was actually more reactive to my actions since you know... It's a freaking role-playing game.

Of course, I also believe Bethesda should either sell Fallout to Obsidian, or hire Obsidian to exclusively work on the series since Fallout 3 suggests they don't really understand the setting at all, and as someone who was a fan of the franchise since their old games, I don't have a very high opinion of their handling of the lore.