"Miyamoto is a fart"

#1DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/19/2013 5:27:09 PM
It was at this point in the conversation that Cerny recounted a story from earlier in his career, when he was working alongside Hirokazu Yasuhara on Sega Genesis’ Sonic the Hedgehog series. “I hit a rough patch at about ten years in the industry, and I noticed that Hirokazu Yasuhara… had a Japanese poem written, and he’d look at it above his desk, he wrote it out, he looked and got pissed off every morning.”

What did the poem say? “The poem was very simple,” Cerny said. “It was ‘Shigeru Miyamoto is a fart.’ And he’d look at that and he’d say ‘why is that guy getting all the credit? I have to show the world that I’m a good guy too.’”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/sonys-mark-cerny-on-being-the-smartest-man-in-the-room
#2Baha05Posted 9/19/2013 5:33:47 PM
Sounds like a hater
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3chuchumyrocketPosted 9/19/2013 5:35:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
Sounds like a hater

It was sega in the 90s, no **** he was a hater. That was kind of their shtick.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#4LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/19/2013 5:35:29 PM
How does that qualify as a poem?
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#5DrSouljaBoi69(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:36:18 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F7quI-MbzY
#6bruno1983brPosted 9/19/2013 5:43:31 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

Ever heard of Haiku?
#7MarioFanaticXVPosted 9/19/2013 5:51:11 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This poem's bad,
And that one is too.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#8zoogelioPosted 9/19/2013 6:15:14 PM
Yeah, Sega's developers didn't come off that rosy in various accounts about them. They were more hostile to the American Sega staff than the higher up suits at Sega of Japan were. One threw a huge hissy fit and made an ultimatum that the Americans don't make a Sonic game with "his" engine or else he leaves the company. That was the key decision that torpedoed Sonic on Saturn development (there were others, like severely undermanning it, developing with an early 16-bit gen staff by size, not the larger staff needed to make 32-bit gen games. The working conditions put two of the main developers in the hospital and forced one to move into SoA HQ while he was developing the game due to the sheer amount of hours. What a total mess that would-be game was). They were humiliated and enraged by the Genesis' success in North America coupled with its failure to take off in Japan and by the SoA's development of later Sonic games, which led them to attacking SoA. How else do you get the mess of 32X & Saturn and the huge lack of communication between the parent branch and what is the branch in the company's largest market?

Funnily enough, where is Sonic now versus Mario? How about Phantasy Star vs. Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest? So much of Sega's wounds were self-inflicted and many over at Sega were too thick-headed to realize it.
#9StarmanJuniorPosted 9/19/2013 6:21:40 PM
Sounds like something a small child would say on the playground.

Not grown adults
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.