Why do some people call Super Mario 64 better than Super Mario Galaxy?

#1Weltall548Posted 9/19/2013 7:27:07 PM(edited)
It has less levels, smaller levels, worse graphics, worse controls, worse music, worse boss, fights worse power ups, and very few obstacles. It's barely a platformer.
People call galaxy more linear. Only it's not really that much more linear. You go to locations, get stars, unlock more locations. In those locations, you do missions and find secret stars. The biggest difference is that mario 64 has 15 locations, galaxy has about 40
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#2promo123Posted 9/19/2013 7:28:34 PM
Because they like it better.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 9/19/2013 7:31:56 PM
It also has the distinction of being completely world-changing in 1996.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4DTY3Posted 9/19/2013 7:34:06 PM
Nostalgia.

It was great for it's time, but it was very experimental. Not as experimental as Sunshine, but yeah. Galaxy does pretty much everything better. I feel like Galaxy knew what it wanted to be and succeeded in it.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#5Weltall548(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:34:32 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...

How does that make galaxy inferior?
---
#6TalentedMPosted 9/19/2013 7:34:49 PM
DTY3 posted...
Nostalgia.

QFT
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 9/19/2013 7:35:51 PM
Weltall548 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

How does that make galaxy inferior?

It doesn't in and of itself, but it does influence people's perceptions.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8DTY3Posted 9/19/2013 7:36:04 PM
For the record, I love 64. I grew up with it. I played it more than Galaxy.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#9segagamerPosted 9/19/2013 7:39:56 PM
Because mario 64 is more fun to play, more fun to control, lovely colors, fun levels, lots of exploration, revolutionary, a joy every second, lovely music, incredible hub, graphically detailed for 1996, incredibly creative, insanely fast, insanely furious, and a testament of video game design.

That is why mario galaxy utterly disappoints compared to mario 64. I hope I am not alone.
#10Weltall548(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:49:00 PM
segagamer posted...
Because mario 64 is more fun to play, more fun to control, lovely colors, fun levels, lots of exploration, revolutionary, a joy every second, lovely music, incredible hub, graphically detailed for 1996, incredibly creative, insanely fast, insanely furious, and a testament of video game design.

That is why mario galaxy utterly disappoints compared to mario 64. I hope I am not alone.

64's hub is meh. Galaxy is just as colorful. Galaxy is more creative. Galaxy is more fun. 64 has exploration, but no platforming challenge. Galaxy is more of a platformer. And how can the awful controls be "more fun". It's obvious people like this game mostly because of nostalgia.
---