So if the next metroid...

#1Shiggy_MiyamotoPosted 9/19/2013 9:29:00 PM(edited)
showed that samus's suit had a mind of its own and was doing all the work in all the games and samus was just along for the ride, how would you feel? In the end the bad*** you admired through all those games is still bad*** and samus was always emotional and lame.

Also it was the suit that did that wave at the end of prime two.

And also the suit is named metroid and samus is its girlfriend.

---
Yeah I made Mario. You might have heard of it.
#2AkaneJonesPosted 9/19/2013 10:52:37 PM
S-AX?
Sounds like it, her Varia Suit going walk about trying to kill her.
#3TransdudePosted 9/19/2013 10:57:41 PM(edited)
TC, did you just get done watching My Favorite Martian, the remake with Christopher Lloyd?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#4DiscostewSMPosted 9/19/2013 10:56:20 PM
And yet Metroid still can't crawl.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5ToadWarriorPosted 9/19/2013 10:57:59 PM
I fully expect Other M to be fully retconned...

In fact it would be nice if they just retconned the whole series... The Metroid Prime is the best metroid game because it's pretty much self contained and has no real storyline outside of some cryptic and really cool lore.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 9/19/2013 11:00:04 PM
Transdude posted...
TC, did you just get done watching My Favorite Martian, the remake with Christopher Loyd?

COOKIE DOUGH!!!!!!
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7Maxx_the_SlashPosted 9/19/2013 11:01:18 PM
AkaneJones posted...
S-AX?
Sounds like it, her Varia Suit going walk about trying to kill her.

SA-X, not S-AX.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#8Shiggy_Miyamoto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 11:07:57 PM
Alright I'm gonna elaborate here. So we all know other m killed samus' character. So what if nintendo tried to make up for that by saying its not like we killed samus' character, she was always like that. The actual cool guy was the suit and samus just goes with it.
---
Yeah I made Mario. You might have heard of it.
#9TransdudePosted 9/19/2013 11:14:06 PM
Shiggy_Miyamoto posted...
Alright I'm gonna elaborate here. So we all know other m killed samus' character. So what if nintendo tried to make up for that by saying its not like we killed samus' character, she was always like that. The actual cool guy was the suit and samus just goes with it.

I think it would make more sense if they said that when the Metroid super powered her suit in Super Metroid, it did something to her psychology as well as a side effect.

I haven't played any Metroid games other than the original and Super, so I'm try to pick up the pieces of what people say happened.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#10Maxx_the_SlashPosted 9/19/2013 11:22:20 PM(edited)
Shiggy_Miyamoto posted...

1. That would completely ruin Samus' back story, in which she was trained to use the Power Suit. If the suit is doing all the work, Samus would become a pointless body controlling a sentient vehicle. Anyone would be able to pilot the suit and there would be no point in Samus being there, any random guy off the street could jump in it and get the same work done with no effort.

2. If the suit is sentient and had a mind of it's own, we'd have to put up with some bull**** voice talking to whoever is wearing the suit, if anyone even needs to be in the suit at all since it has a mind of it's own (it would effectively be a living robot).

3. Nintendo saying "it's not like we killed Samus' character" is shifting the blame. They let Team Ninja destroy 2+ decades of Metroid back story. It's Nintendo's fault and no one would support such a new Metroid game if they wont take responsibility. The responsible thing to do is retcon Other M out of the series continuity, resume the story they've been doing since Fusion and don't do any stupid story bits about the suit doing all the work for a female character that is supposed to be empowering to female gamers.

4. Why would an inorganic suit be a "cool GUY" when suits don't have genders?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash