So if the next metroid...

#41SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/24/2013 3:17:02 PM
wiiking96 posted...
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
wiiking96 posted...
GradyHoover posted...
If it only takes concentration to put it ON (as presented in the game's actual dialogue), that doesn't invalidate anything. That doesn't mean she automatically has to concentrate non-stop just to keep it on all the time. Just for a few seconds to first suit up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwN5jS4bt4

Great job ignoring the very game you're defending.

Well its not like he was wrong on what the dialog said its just Other M is so bad that it can't even keep what is said, and happens in it straight. Its a poorly written, and directed game nothing more.

He totally ignored a really well known scene that has a large focus on Samus' suit.

The same goes for the scene where Adam shoots Samus.

Hence why I said he wasn't wrong on what the dialog said it was stated in the dialog that she needs to concentrate to start it up only, BUT I never agreed with what he said after that though cause that was wrong I should have probably clarified my stance on that.
Those points you highlight are also why I said it was poorly written, directed, and that they couldn't keep straight what they said one minute then show the next :D
#42darkjedilinkPosted 9/24/2013 4:20:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
wiiking96 posted...
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
wiiking96 posted...
GradyHoover posted...
If it only takes concentration to put it ON (as presented in the game's actual dialogue), that doesn't invalidate anything. That doesn't mean she automatically has to concentrate non-stop just to keep it on all the time. Just for a few seconds to first suit up.

Well its not like he was wrong on what the dialog said its just Other M is so bad that it can't even keep what is said, and happens in it straight. Its a poorly written, and directed game nothing more.

He totally ignored a really well known scene that has a large focus on Samus' suit.

The same goes for the scene where Adam shoots Samus.

Hence why I said he wasn't wrong on what the dialog said it was stated in the dialog that she needs to concentrate to start it up only, BUT I never agreed with what he said after that though cause that was wrong I should have probably clarified my stance on that.
Those points you highlight are also why I said it was poorly written, directed, and that they couldn't keep straight what they said one minute then show the next :D

Which is why the game invalidates itsef along with every other game in the series, and shouldn't be considered canon.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#43GradyHooverPosted 9/25/2013 6:54:04 AM
wiiking96 posted...
GradyHoover posted...

There's no evidence in that scene to counter anything I've said.

Samus gets squeezed in Ridley's grip, her suit dissolves as she's squeezed. This doesn't offer any proof that "concentration" is a factor at all.
---
The outry against recent Star Fox games and Metroid: Other M proves that Nintendo fans don't want actual characters in their games. They want mute ciphers.
#44wiiking96Posted 9/25/2013 2:28:33 PM
GradyHoover posted...

There's no evidence in that scene to counter anything I've said.

Samus gets squeezed in Ridley's grip, her suit dissolves as she's squeezed.

What? WHAT?? You're trying to argue this? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. A Chozo created armor can dissolve because it gets squeezed sort of hard? Why doesn't Samus' bones get crushed? Why didn't Samus' suit get dissolved on the other occasions when Ridley or another creature squeezed her?

Let's break down the scene, shall we?
- Ridley appears.
- Samus freaks out.
- Samus completely loses control of herself.
- Samus can not concentrate enough to defend herself in the slightest or even ask for help.

It's only logical to assume that the suit was lost because Samus lost concentration. Any other conclusion would have to reached by totally ignoring basic common sense.

This doesn't offer any proof that "concentration" is a factor at all.

It may not technically be proof, but it's really freaking strong evidence.

And then there's of course the scene with Adam that you continue to ignore. Are you now going to try to argue that Adam's standard military weapon is stronger than Mother Brain's Hyper Beam or Dark Samus' Phazon Beam at the beginning of Corruption?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#45_FalstaffPosted 9/25/2013 3:44:42 PM
In response to the TC's original post, I think it would be a terrible idea to continue with Other M's characterization of Samus. Bad characterization is not better than no characterization, which is something many people don't seem to understand.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#46NovaLevossidaPosted 9/25/2013 3:51:33 PM
So, we just put the Wing Zero system into the Varia suit, let Samus be a tortured robot suit pilot, and proceed about business as usual? History shows that would work.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#47atomicjuicerPosted 9/26/2013 12:11:21 AM
Other M was awesome.

That is all