Rayman Legends is flopping hard, price cut already

#131Board_hunter567Posted 9/22/2013 6:11:51 PM(edited)
VyseN1 posted...
I don't blame UBI for porting it to other consoles. What I don't understand is delaying the Wii U version when it was done. They should have released the Wii U version on time, then the ports when they were done.

It's highly likely they made a lot of changes with the extra dev time. Sure, they could have released any new/changed content via a patch but that would just be confusing and sloppy.

There was also a Microsoft policy that says you can't publish a multiplat for the 360 if you release it on another platform first. This might no longer be the case though.
#132NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 6:15:22 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
VyseN1 posted...
I don't blame UBI for porting it to other consoles. What I don't understand is delaying the Wii U version when it was done. They should have released the Wii U version on time, then the ports when they were done.

It's highly likely they made a lot of changes with the extra dev time. Sure, they could have released any new/changed content via a patch but that would just be confusing and sloppy.

There was also a Microsoft policy that says you can't publish a multiplat for the 360 if you release it on another platform first. This might no longer be the case though.

That policy is the reason for the delay. If Ubisoft wanted to release on 360 they must do it at the same time of offer the 360 version additional content. I don't blame Ubisoft for the delay, of all the 3rd parties they put the most support in to the Wii U ( Zombi U, AC3 getting equal treatment to other versions).
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#133G1ingyPosted 9/24/2013 2:34:08 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
VyseN1 posted...

That policy is the reason for the delay. If Ubisoft wanted to release on 360 they must do it at the same time of offer the 360 version additional content. I don't blame Ubisoft for the delay, of all the 3rd parties they put the most support in to the Wii U ( Zombi U, AC3 getting equal treatment to other versions).

No, I'm gonna say Capcom's doing a better job than Ubisoft in supporting the WiiU. True Ubisoft is pumping out more games for the WiiU, but Capcom's game is actually GOOD(and still fun even right now). In fact, Capcom isn't just supporting the WiiU, but they're also supporting the 3DS, even releasing probably one of the best selling game on the 3DS thus far.

Ubisoft had only one thing going for them, and it was Rayman Legends. Except because they clearly don't want my money, I'm not buying it anymore. Atleast not till it's $5 in the bargain bin used.
#134ResponderPosted 9/25/2013 11:07:33 PM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
bh7812 posted...

No, he's damn right. This is about way more than a frickin video game! The entitlement, and whining that's gone on this whole generation is completely un-necessary and down right pathetic. Grow up. Look what happened this week:damn Grand Theft Auto 5 has already made 1 BILLION dollars and that made my stomach turn. You all went out and blindly bought that..just couldn't wait to have it. You'd never dream of letting it or Rockstar down. You wouldn't dare buy it used or wait on it. Utter dung crap like that sells that much and makes a billion dollars in a week. Then there's games like Rayman, Puppeteer, Ducktales HD and Castle Of Illusion HD that truly deserve support but they aren't getting it. I hope damn GTA was worth it, I really do. This makes me sick. Before long, the only games that will literally be made are GTA and Call Of Duty. Disgusting,

Let me make this clear...this industry IS heading towards another mass crash. You can all sit there and say won't happen but look at one of the months earlier this year: lowest amount of hardware and software sales all around since 2000. 2000, guys. Let that damn sink in. You've forsaken a lot of great, creative games over these last 13 years in favor of GTA, Halo, and COD. Surprise surprise. The industry can't survive when two series are all that's holding it up. The crash IS coming. And when it does many here will finally get the wake up call back to reality that's sorely needed. That will be "sweet justice". You all wonder where creativity's gone? Down the toilet. You have yourselves to blame for what's about to happen. Sorry, that all has needed to be said for quite a while.

A video game just grossed $1 billion, which apparently means the gaming industry is going to crash. Why? Because Nintendo fanboy logic!

Or you're just butthurt people actually like different games to you. Quite ironic you'd disparage the gaming industry for just '2 different franchises' when that's what Nintendo has been doing for the past 15 years with its main games consisting of Mario, Mario, Mario, Mario, Zelda and more Mario.

Also, I don't blame Ubisoft for making the game multiplatform, especially since Origins was multiplatform to begin with. I hate to break it to the more butthurt ones among you all, but Ubisoft delaying the game so they could release it on more than one console (read: consoles that aren't selling appallingly at the moment) wasn't some personal vendetta against you. It was simply a better business decision. You know, business - something a company needs to make money so the thousands upon thousands of hours and hard work it takes to make a game isn't put to waste because they decided to release it on a console that nobody's buying.

Quite ironic you'd disparage Nintendo for just '2 different series' when that's what the gaming industry has been doing for the past 15 years with the popular games consisting of CoD, CoD, CoD, GTA, and more CoD.

See? I can do it too. I'm amazed at your pathetic excuse at defending Ubisoft's obvious mistake and subsequent failure for Rayman Legends. Your claim that Nintendo has been only releasing Mario and Zelda is also wrong and shows your vast ignorance like the guy you decry against.