I think it's possible the wii U will sell most out of the new consoles at holida

#111ShankspearePosted 9/21/2013 6:23:14 PM
king_madden posted...
AceMos posted...
FenderMaster posted...
If PS2 taught us anything, it's that third party support > exclusives

all the ps2's best games where exlusives thoe........

and the wii and ds showed us nintendo first part > 3rd party games

so whats your point

no wii told us casuals>gamers

the console sold the games, the games didnt sell the console.

Interesting considering I think the ps2 makes a better case of this than wii. Considering the PS2, top selling games aren't anywhere near the Wii's and the user base is 1.5x as much.
#112wonderful121(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 12:44:27 AM
AceMos posted...
and no one has listed what luanch window games the ps4 and xbox one have that will move consoles after first buyers

Because there aren't any.
---
Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released.
#113FenderMasterPosted 9/22/2013 3:49:01 AM
AceMos posted...
FenderMaster posted...

so whats your point

The PS2's best games? Maybe...

The PS2's best selling games? No...

GTA sold systems, Madden sold systems, FIFA sold systems. I don't know if GoW, Ico, SotC or KH sold systems.

CoD and GTA still sells systems. So does Mario Kart and Smash. But I'm willing to bed the combined force of CoD, FIFA, Madden, GTA etc will sell more systems than the combined force of MK and Smash.

I'm not talking about the best games here, I'm talking about games that sell systems. Games that made the PS1 a success, the PS2 a success, the Wii a success. Wii is pretty much the only console that ever won a generation in spite of having lacklustre third party support. Every other generation winner had the best and most numerous third party games.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#114The_DOAMPosted 9/22/2013 4:12:31 AM
FenderMaster posted...
AceMos posted...
FenderMaster posted...

so whats your point

The PS2's best games? Maybe...

The PS2's best selling games? No...

GTA sold systems, Madden sold systems, FIFA sold systems. I don't know if GoW, Ico, SotC or KH sold systems.

CoD and GTA still sells systems. So does Mario Kart and Smash. But I'm willing to bed the combined force of CoD, FIFA, Madden, GTA etc will sell more systems than the combined force of MK and Smash.

I'm not talking about the best games here, I'm talking about games that sell systems. Games that made the PS1 a success, the PS2 a success, the Wii a success. Wii is pretty much the only console that ever won a generation in spite of having lacklustre third party support. Every other generation winner had the best and most numerous third party games.

PS2 also had Tekken, Devil may Cry, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Gran Turismo, Silent Hill, Shin Megami, Wild Arms, Star Ocean, Metal Gear Solid, I do believe Crash Bandicoot went multiplatform that gen so it's out. Then you have series like Armored Core and Tomb Raider which started to branch out to other platforms later in the consoles life.

But the point is the vast majority of series didn't go multi until the PS3 era. All the games you listed like GoW, KH, and Ico got their start on the PS2 and no one purchases systems for fresh IP's. The series that continued from the Ps1 era into the PS2 are the games that sold consoles. Also Madden and GTA wouldn't sell console because you could've got those games on your Xbox in fact you'd probably just buy the Xbox for those games because it had more power.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#115Xfma100Posted 9/22/2013 7:12:12 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Who_Dat504 posted...

And coming out early next year for the PS4 are Destiny, infamous Second Son, Thief, and Dragon Age just to name a few. What games does the Wii U have for the first half of the year?

Mario Kart, which will most likely sell more than all of those.

Destiny might outsell it. (Unless Mario Kart for Wii U sells as much as Mario Kart Wii or DS.)
#116GEKGanonPosted 9/22/2013 7:35:28 AM
I don't know about the PS4, but I think it is possible the Wii U could outsell the XBox One. There are 3 reasons I could see this happening...

1) There is a $200 price difference. The economy still sucks, and parents may still be in the position to grab up a Wii U for $200 bucks cheaper than an XBox One, especially if they have a younger kid that hasn't stated a preference one way or another.

2) The PS4. Even if people aren't picking up Wii U units, the PS4 is still $100 less than the One, and every time someone chooses a PS4 over an XBox, Microsoft loses a sale. Point being, if you have some people buying Wii U, and you have some people opting for PS4 instead of One, Nintendo could actually come out ahead of MS.

3) Lack of interest. A lot of people are interested in XBox One, but I've seen a lot that aren't. 360 still has a lot of good games, and a lot of support, so many people just don't feel like upgrading at the moment.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#117bruno1983brPosted 9/22/2013 7:58:11 AM
GEKGanon posted...
I don't know about the PS4, but I think it is possible the Wii U could outsell the XBox One. There are 3 reasons I could see this happening...

1) There is a $200 price difference. The economy still sucks, and parents may still be in the position to grab up a Wii U for $200 bucks cheaper than an XBox One, especially if they have a younger kid that hasn't stated a preference one way or another.

2) The PS4. Even if people aren't picking up Wii U units, the PS4 is still $100 less than the One, and every time someone chooses a PS4 over an XBox, Microsoft loses a sale. Point being, if you have some people buying Wii U, and you have some people opting for PS4 instead of One, Nintendo could actually come out ahead of MS.

3) Lack of interest. A lot of people are interested in XBox One, but I've seen a lot that aren't. 360 still has a lot of good games, and a lot of support, so many people just don't feel like upgrading at the moment.

Add all the bundle options to that... sales will pick up this holiday, for sure.
#118CasualGamersPosted 9/22/2013 8:06:54 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
No Mario Kart and no Smash Bros makes consumer something something.

Go crazy?
#119LugiaMaster45Posted 9/22/2013 8:22:46 AM
imo. based on what i hear from preorders ps4 will most likely sell the most this holiday Wii U 2nd and Xbox 1 3rd. ps4 will mostly sell based on hype as well as xb1 most of the 3rd parties are already on current gen systems so there really isnt that much of a reason to get a new playstation or xbox this holiday other than hype for some of the exclusives and the console itself.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#120wonderful121(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 10:04:55 AM
LugiaMaster45 posted...
imo. based on what i hear from preorders ps4 will most likely sell the most this holiday Wii U 2nd and Xbox 1 3rd. ps4 will mostly sell based on hype as well as xb1 most of the 3rd parties are already on current gen systems so there really isnt that much of a reason to get a new playstation or xbox this holiday other than hype for some of the exclusives and the console itself.

Really? An expensive no game console?
---
Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released.