What game series did you hate at first but loved over time? (Read OP)

#11adampeltzPosted 9/21/2013 9:35:17 AM
Metroid....those first two games were rough.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#12adampeltzPosted 9/21/2013 9:51:53 AM
Oh, also, Animal Crossing. New Leaf is the first and only AC game to get me hooked.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#13chestershadowPosted 9/21/2013 10:41:01 AM
SMT.

I had played one of the early personas and played persona 3, and hated it. Played alittle bit (maybe 20 minutes) of Nocturne at a friend's house, and enjoyed it... but never knew it was technically the only SMT game I had ever played since Persona is really its own thing.

Bought Strange Journey on DS since I had never seen or heard of it before (and it was used/cheap so if I didn't like it, it wasn't a huge loss). Definitely do not regret making that decision, LOVED that game. Went out and found a still sealed copy of Nocturne on PS2 for 20$, sealed Digital Devil Saga 1+2 for 30$ total, sealed Devil Summoner 1+2 on ps2 for $20 each, and Devil Survivor Overclocked ($20) and Devil Survivor 2 (30$).

borrowed the persona's from my friend since he had all of them (including those psp remakes/second stories/whatever you wanna classify them as), and after playing all the way through most of those, I can safely say that they're just not my thing, but the rest of SMT (and its spin offs) has been nothing short of amazing IMO. I have a stupid amount of time sunk into the handheld games on DS/3DS and Nocturne. Hoping we still get Break Record (3ds remake of Devil Survivor 2).
#14StephenYap3Posted 9/21/2013 10:54:20 AM
Animal Crossing, but that was when I was 12. I kept saying "This game is gonna suck! This game is gonna suck!" But after renting it, it turned out to be one of the best games I ever played in my life (...well, for the Game Cube version) and I pretty much enjoyed all others, except for Wild World and New Leaf. The former I was really disappointed with and the latter I haven't gotten yet since I'm broke, plus after playing enough of the series, I kind of need a break from it. That doesn't mean I won't return after a while, though.
---
Mario RPGs - PM64 > SMRPG > M&L:SS > PM:TTYD > M&L:DT > PM:SS > SPM > *Yawn* > M&L:BIS > M&L: PiT