Does the wii pro controller work on the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does the wii pro controller work on the Wii U?
3 years ago#1
Looking to potentially buy a wii u and have a wii pro controller. Would it work with the wii u like the other wii controllers do?
COD Vita - Bad but not THAT bad. The Last of Us - Good but not THAT good.
3 years ago#2
delt31 posted...
Looking to potentially buy a wii u and have a wii pro controller. Would it work with the wii u like the other wii controllers do?

it works on certain games, check to see which ones are compatible.
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
3 years ago#3
No i'm asking if the wii pro controller itself would work with the WIi U.
3 years ago#4
delt31 posted...
No i'm asking if the wii pro controller itself would work with the WIi U.

for the Wii U menu, yes. for Wii U games, depends on the game. for Wii mode, again it depends on the game.
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
3 years ago#5
The CCPro? Yes.
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
3 years ago#6
To make it more clear, I want to play new super mario wii u with my wii classic controller on the wii u. Is that possible?
3 years ago#7
delt31 posted...
To make it more clear, I want to play new super mario wii u with my wii classic controller on the wii u. Is that possible?

No. Just look on the back of the box. They will tell you what is compatible.
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
3 years ago#8
but mario has a patch now that lets you use your wii u pro....
3 years ago#9
delt31 posted...

looks like yes. if you look on the back of the box it will indicate what is supported.
3 years ago#10
delt31 posted...
but mario has a patch now that lets you use your wii u pro....

Wii U Pro Controller =/= Wii Classic Controller.

The former directly connects to the system like a Wii Remote or the Gamepad. The Classic Controller is attached to the Wii Remote and as such, not all Wii U games support it.

From New Super Mario Bros U, it only supports these controllers:
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Pro Controller
Wii Remote

It doesn't support anything else.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does the wii pro controller work on the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived