Does the wii pro controller work on the Wii U?

#1delt31Posted 9/22/2013 5:53:38 PM
Looking to potentially buy a wii u and have a wii pro controller. Would it work with the wii u like the other wii controllers do?
---
COD Vita - Bad but not THAT bad. The Last of Us - Good but not THAT good.
#2NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 5:54:43 PM
delt31 posted...
Looking to potentially buy a wii u and have a wii pro controller. Would it work with the wii u like the other wii controllers do?

it works on certain games, check to see which ones are compatible.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#3delt31(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 5:55:41 PM
No i'm asking if the wii pro controller itself would work with the WIi U.
---
#4NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 5:56:59 PM
delt31 posted...
No i'm asking if the wii pro controller itself would work with the WIi U.

for the Wii U menu, yes. for Wii U games, depends on the game. for Wii mode, again it depends on the game.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#5DTY3Posted 9/22/2013 5:57:21 PM
The CCPro? Yes.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#6delt31(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 5:58:11 PM
To make it more clear, I want to play new super mario wii u with my wii classic controller on the wii u. Is that possible?
---
#7DTY3Posted 9/22/2013 6:02:07 PM
delt31 posted...
To make it more clear, I want to play new super mario wii u with my wii classic controller on the wii u. Is that possible?

No. Just look on the back of the box. They will tell you what is compatible.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#8delt31(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 6:03:04 PM
but mario has a patch now that lets you use your wii u pro....
---
#9NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 6:04:21 PM
delt31 posted...

looks like yes. if you look on the back of the box it will indicate what is supported.
---
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 9/22/2013 6:07:07 PM(edited)
delt31 posted...
but mario has a patch now that lets you use your wii u pro....

Wii U Pro Controller =/= Wii Classic Controller.

The former directly connects to the system like a Wii Remote or the Gamepad. The Classic Controller is attached to the Wii Remote and as such, not all Wii U games support it.

From New Super Mario Bros U, it only supports these controllers:
Wii U Gamepad
Wii U Pro Controller
Wii Remote

It doesn't support anything else.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.