How come people on this board think X won't be a system seller?

#1stalmasterPosted 9/22/2013 6:34:25 PM
I've been checking some topics on this board, and I see some posts saying that X won't be a system seller. Can anybody explain to me why? I'm curious
#2Monkmaster79Posted 9/22/2013 6:36:04 PM
Because it's an RPG? Has there ever been an RPG that was a system seller?
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
#3NerdimusPrimePosted 9/22/2013 6:36:30 PM
stalmaster posted...
I've been checking some topics on this board, and I see some posts saying that X won't be a system seller. Can anybody explain to me why? I'm curious

it looks to be an amazing game but it doesn't have mass appeal like a Mario, Halo, GoW, etc. great looking game but a niche title.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#4a_fartn_SpartanPosted 9/22/2013 6:39:09 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
stalmaster posted...

it looks to be an amazing game but it doesn't have mass appeal like a Mario, Halo, GoW, etc. great looking game but a niche title.

Exactly. It doesn't cater to the masses like Smash Bros and Mario Kart do. Your average gamer probably doesn't even know about the Xeno series. Heck, your average gamer (at least in my peer group) didn't even boot up the Wii after 2008-ish.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#5HorrorSindicatePosted 9/22/2013 6:39:12 PM
Did XB sell any? Is the name eyecatching? Have monolith's games had a history of being killer aps?

It could happen but so far gauging by the amount of hype thus far there's no reason to think it will.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 9/22/2013 6:41:06 PM
Because it's an RPG and one that we know next to nothing about at that. It'll be a niche title just like all the other RPGs that don't have Final Fantasy slapped in them.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7IokuaPosted 9/22/2013 6:41:31 PM
Well, Xenoblade wasn't, and neither was the Last Story, or any of the jRPGs on the Wii that got big hype last generation. The RPG genre is a niche.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8HorrorSindicatePosted 9/22/2013 6:42:21 PM
Monkmaster79 posted...

FFVII sold PSXs. FFVII and GT were Sony's big console sellers for the PS1
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#9chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/22/2013 6:42:29 PM
How can people even call it anything let alone a system seller. All we have is the name and 15 seconds of gameplay from a Nintendo Direct.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#10PedrotacopacoPosted 9/22/2013 6:45:46 PM
Monkmaster79 posted...

Pokemon.....
Monster hunter...
Both RPGs.....
Your argument is invalid....