Does anyone at this point feel the Wii-U is worse than the Dreamcast?

#31LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/23/2013 10:39:22 AM
Dreamcast was discontinued because Sega went bankrupt.

Sony and MS are closer to bankruptcy than Nintendo is.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#32ThaPrinceRazielPosted 9/23/2013 11:52:21 AM
They're too different to compare TC. DC was a good console with a good amount of games, backed by a meh company. Wii U is a Terrible console with no games backed by the worst company possible. That's kinda like an insult to the DreamCast.
---
Game Developers on Wii U: hahaha no...
googler:Wii U.. about to take off like a North Korean rocket!
#33mashuPosted 9/23/2013 12:08:43 PM
DC was awesome and no, the Wii U is not there yet.
#34lovbbwsPosted 9/23/2013 12:18:48 PM
i still love the sega dreamcast was one of my fav consoles next to the super nes and turbografx/turbo duo
#35kill_ayekaPosted 9/25/2013 12:29:48 PM
No, but I see where you're coming from. The Dreamcast had a lot of it's own problems and I think what makes it so special is nostalgia. DC was awesome don't get me wrong, but it didn't have a great lineup in Japan at launch. There were a lot of garbage games for it as well as a lot of amazing games... not to mention everyone knew how to dl and burn DC games on discs and the DC would play them lol... I'm sure that lost Sega a lot of money too.

The WiiU is getting a lot of 3rd Party support this time around, simply having Platinum Games developing for the WiiU is awesome enough, not to mention Monolith Soft. Hopefully Mistwalker as well, but that's more of a personal wish lol. Just because a game isn't out yet doesn't mean it isn't an exclusive... =/

In my opinion, I think as soon as the PS4 and XBO launch, all 3 systems will fall into their own groove. With the WiiU's controller and Microsoft's Kinect, it's going to be hard to make games for all 3 consoles if developers are planning on utilizing everything the system has to offer. (Not sure if Sony's Move is getting an upgrade or not)... I think a lot of developers might be waiting to see what happens as well.

Meh, this is all just my opinion though!
#36morningglory05Posted 9/25/2013 12:32:13 PM
Rome218 posted...
The Dreamcast was actually good, and had some games on there that are even on the XBL library. This is not a troll thread, as I assume most people with a Wii-U own a PS3 or 360.

I was considering buying a Wii-U earlier this year. People may have been disappointed with some of the games that came out, but I absolutely had a blast. Dead Space 3, DmC, TR, SR4, Diablo 3, Crysis 3, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite.. those are just games on the top of my head that I personally really enjoyed. Those are not counting arcade games like Call of Juarez: Gunslinger or Charlie Murder.

I know EA doesn't work with Nintendo. Does anyone? Why are there no third party games coming on the Wii-U? I think that third party games are way better than exclusives for the PS3 and 360. In fact, I can't think of any exclusive that I love on either system.(Well, the arcade game Charlie Murder.)

Why are there no popular releases on this system?

Hodor.
#37EndgamePosted 9/25/2013 12:35:56 PM
Sony and MS are closer to bankruptcy than Nintendo is.

Sony maybe, but Microsoft?!

unless Windows 8 did some massive damage to consumer confidence in them..... I sincerely doubt that
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#38kdognumba1Posted 9/25/2013 12:40:39 PM
Does anyone at this point feel the Wii-U is worse than the Dreamcast?

Personally, I feel every system is worse then DC. Dreamcast had an awesome library!
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#39methosagainPosted 9/25/2013 12:49:31 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
The Dreamcast had an amazing selection at launch, like absolutely amazing. Compared to any other launch it's crazy it didn't survive on the quality of the games alone. PS2's hype was just too strong.

Kinda makes you wonder about PS4 hype and the Wii U with this WEAK selection...

The PS2 hype had almost nothing to do with it. Consumers had lost their faith in Sega, releasing expensive gimmicks & consoles too often without supporting them much. On top of that, Sega was in huge financial trouble. If Sega didn't screw things up for themselves so much, the Dreamcast would've been at least as succesful as the Gamecube and Xbox.

According to Kent's book gaming history, Sony bribed and blackmailed retailers into dropping the DC in fear of no longer getting Playstation branded consoles and software, so Sega's issues aside Sony did have some hand in the outcome for the DC.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#40DTY3Posted 9/25/2013 1:07:15 PM
jrb363 posted...
The Dreamcast launch lineup is better than the Wii U lineup nearly a year after release. That's how bad things are for Nintendo.

The Dreamcast launched a year late in America. That's why it's launch was so good. JP launch sucked.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.