WiiU Joysound karaoke

#1Hourglass22Posted 9/23/2013 1:58:56 AM
As has been reported in the news, this app is going to be hitting the WiiU soon. I thought I'd share (as a Japanese WiiU owner living in Japan) what I've made of it so far.

It is really quite good. Some of the tracks are midis or basic MP3s, but some are the full blown song or original music with vocals removed.

The library (in Japan) is extensive. I even found "Sit on my face" by Montey Python in there. If you go to a joysound place in Japan then this is no surprise. They have literally everything, and the WiiU app is constantly updated. I even found Doctor in the Tardis at a Joysound in Japan (a remix of the DW theme to a Gary Glitter song) though this isn't on the WiiU version yet. The point I am raising is, if the EU version takes off, you really should expect to see A LOT of music. There has yet to be any major song I can think of that the Japanese version does not have.

You have the option to make your own music videos too. These can be made from clips on an SD card to basic photo rotations. There seems to be an option of having full movie video if you have a HDTV and use the LAN adaptor, but the Japanese is a tad to advance for me to fully understand.

You can buy stages, special add ons and there are leaderboards to songs. It is extremely easy to use and the ability to save playlists is very useful. You can also use most microphones or the gamepad with the app. In Japan, a demo disk and a mic were made available, so I use that. The mic is of a very high quality. I recently used it to record some listening tests at my school.

The app has various functions too, ranging from just singing, song scores based upon your timing and tonal ability and most oddly- a weight loss option which depicts what you burn off during play.

I'm not sure how well it will be implemented in the EU. I've seen screenshots and it all looks the same. I really advise you to invest in this because if it takes off it will certainly be updated with a lot more content.
#2T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 9/23/2013 2:03:51 AM
I posted...
Nintendo recently announced the pricing for this game, which will release at October 4th.

They say it'll have online leaderboards and 1500 songs at launch, with more to come.

The pricing is as follows:

2 1 hour ticket.

5 24 hours ticket.

15 30 day ticket.

You can however open the game and set up a playlist and create characters for free. So you only need to be paying for the singing part.

Lastly they offer a free 1 hour ticket for trial purposes.

I kind of enjoy karaoke so I'll at least give the free trial a look. Anyone else looking forward to it?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U-download-software/Wii-Karaoke-U-by-JOYSOUND-774729.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67240188

So yeah, I agree with you. I just don't like the ticket system.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#3RiaanYsterPosted 9/23/2013 3:15:02 AM
Sounds cool. Thanks for the headsup.

Im wondering about the availability of this in other countries are (im in south africa and our support for things like tvii and even preorder bonusses are basically non existent) my girlfriend would luv it and I reckon after a couple of beers this would be very funny.
#4Neo_HeartlessPosted 9/23/2013 3:26:33 AM
RiaanYster posted...
Sounds cool. Thanks for the headsup.

Im wondering about the availability of this in other countries are (im in south africa and our support for things like tvii and even preorder bonusses are basically non existent) my girlfriend would luv it and I reckon after a couple of beers this would be very funny.

Oh god don't get me started on TVii. I'd nearly forgotten that existed in the UK I still don't think it works. I don't understand how though. Just make a UK TVii server, link in BBCiPlayer, ITV on demand, 4od and 5 on demand and your golden.

It almost feels like they're just wanting to have the one server somehow link all the catch up channels in Europe and there's just too much red tape to make that anywhere near feasable.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]