Is it a good time to buy the Wii U yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is it a good time to buy the Wii U yet?

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#1
Just noticed that Gamestop have a limited edition Zelda Wii for 300 bucks. Searched and saw that the Wii U got a price cut but are there any good exclusives? (My last Nintendo console was the 64 lol)

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 years ago#2
It's as best a time as any. By the end of November it will have several great first party games and all the high-profile AAA releases like Ass Creed and CoD.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
3 years ago#3
If you like at least 3 Nintendo franchises (that aren't Star Fox or F-Zero) there are enough exclusives on Wii U.
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#4
Definitely get it.

Get some Wii games you missed out on, and get the good WiiU games that are already out and are about to come out.

You're in a good position to spend a lot of money, lol.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957

User Info: bear34

bear34
3 years ago#5
If you haven't played Wind Waker and never owned a Nintendo Console since the 64, now it's a good time to own a Wii U. You can also stock up on Wii titles too.
3DS vs. Vita ( Sept. 13. 13 - I had "Vista" for years until someone pointed it out)
I will have both soon!! :D

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#6
Sounds good lol Do I need a Wii controller or can I use Gamepad for the Wii games? :)

User Info: OMG_AIDS

OMG_AIDS
3 years ago#7
If you're interested in getting back into Nintendo franchises/exclusives it's definitely worth it. Wii U exclusives have a pretty steady release pace starting up and you can pad the time with some excellent Wii exclusives.
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper

User Info: 1shadetail1

1shadetail1
3 years ago#8
somebody336 posted...
Sounds good lol Do I need a Wii controller or can I use Gamepad for the Wii games? :)

You need a Wii Remote&Nunchuck set. Wii controllers can be used on WiiU games, but WiiU controllers can *NOT* be used on Wii games.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#9
The gamepad and Pro U controllers can't be used in Wii mode, you'll need a wiimote at the very least, and then also a nunchuck and Classic pro to play most of the excellent games.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957

User Info: bear34

bear34
3 years ago#10
You'll need the Wii Remote to play Wii games on the WiiU. (Too many Wiis in one sentence)
3DS vs. Vita ( Sept. 13. 13 - I had "Vista" for years until someone pointed it out)
I will have both soon!! :D
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is it a good time to buy the Wii U yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived