My Wii U is collecting dust

#51mcsmellingtonPosted 9/24/2013 6:22:48 AM
I only turn mine on every time my Miiverse suspensions get lifted, so I can access it from my phone again.

I have used it a bit recently when me and my girlfriend played through about half of NSMBU before deciding it was actually really, really boring.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#52jedistormtroopPosted 9/24/2013 6:28:11 AM
simondaking posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
My Wii U is a real dust magnet. I have to wipe it off every day : \

Yup, I play mine regularly and keep a mini feather duster close by.

my recent addictions have been earthbound super metroid and harvest moon
---
Psn:SneakyDusty1984
#53Rasputin77Posted 9/24/2013 6:49:31 AM
Ah. And now someone hurt by this thread has created a parody. GameFAQs circle complete.
---
I visit the Wii U board as a reminder to purchase and enthusiastically use prophylactics.
#54ThePCElitistPosted 9/24/2013 6:55:26 AM
I haven't bought a wii u game since last December.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#55shanafanPosted 9/24/2013 7:14:25 AM
mlahodik posted...
When people say the game-pad is a tablet, it really makes me wonder if they really have the system. I have it ads a day nexus 10 tablets, the Gamepad is not anything like a tablet!
Why do people keep saying this stuff?

I love the gamepad. It's a great tablet.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#56TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 12:19:19 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Nintendo is doing a poor job of making people want to play their console. I got mine at the beginning of the year and other than a couple games, I feel like it was a big waste of money. Most of the games just seem to be shovelware just like with the Wii, except the wiggling remote gimmick was new and entertaining enough for me.

Now, we have the gamepad gimmick, which would've been just as new and entertaining if we didn't already have iPads and smartphones. A new console shouldn't be overshadowed by 7-8 year old consoles like 360 and ps3. That shows that Nintendo did something wrong.

A tremendous waste of money, TC, seeing as how I had to buy everything, including all the wiimotes for 5-player local multiplayer, from the ground up. As far as a bang-for-buck system goes, I think it's probably the worst I've ever had. And to be honest, the gamepad is pretty much the ONLY thing encouraging me to keep it - that, the off-TV play, and me being too lazy to go through all the motions of selling it.

And you're right - there is nothing funnier than someone who thinks they're making a point by saying the Wii U is more powerful than 7 year old systems. I just imagine them sitting there with a dumb smile on their face, not even beginning to grasp how silly they sound.

(Take last sentence... quote... say "sounds like you"... does it take the fun out of it when I predict your behavior? =P )

NerdimusPrime posted...
TJ doesn't actually have a Wii U, he just pretends so it seem like he has a legitimate reason to troll.

You just represented SO many posters on this board with that stupidity, lol - I love having examples provided so handily.

AstralFrost posted...
I've been trying to convince my friends to buy it from me but I feel like I have to lie about its features to get any interest at all.

Out of every gaming friend I have, a whopping zero of them are interested in buying one. And I'm certainly not going to sell this thing to a friend that I care about! Astral, shame on you. ;) Heck, I even made sure my Wii went to a manager that I absolutely couldn't stand. Used that money to get a PS3... holy s***, one of the best gaming decisions I've ever made.

wh0_kn0ws posted...
NEVAR SEEN DIS TOPIC B4

Would you like to wrap up exactly how f***ing entitled this generation of kids is? I can do it in one sentence.

"Hey, everyone, I've already seen this thread before, so it shouldn't exist / isn't original."

Because it's all about you, and what you've seen before... right? TJ_UNLIMITED, WHY did you create this thread when wh0_kn0ws has already seen it? You should know better. =/

LOL, I really wish some of you made it harder to do this, but... you don't. ;)

You never cease to amaze me Raspy lol
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#57wh0_kn0wsPosted 9/24/2013 1:25:54 PM
lol, entitlement = mild exasperation at seeing 'X console is collecting dust' topic for the umpteenth time over the last ten years.

the word is already overused, at least save it for a situation that doesn't dilute it further.
---
it's simple. just be nice.