is gta 5 really better than mario galaxy 2?

#41LifelessBoyPosted 9/24/2013 5:26:49 PM
VanderZoo posted...
It is better. It's hard to even describe why GTA V is so good, it's just impressive. That's simply the word to use, it's impressive. The size of the map, the amazing graphics, the amount of content in there, the level of detail, the witty writing (it's a genuinely funny game, possibly the funniest game I've played, I'm always chuckling at something going on in that game).

The innovation of switching between three characters at anytime. The way it satirises modern America, Republicans, tea party, politics, gun control, materialism, fascination with celebrity, social media. How accurately it represents gang life, suburban life.

It's just phenomenal, it's a monster of a game, the size scope and ambition is just incredible. It goes beyond just being a game about "oh this is fun, oh the shooting gameplay mechanics are well done". It's almost like a piece of art, like a contemporary work that should be studied.

It's amazing, I'm not even a big GTA fan but you have to be in awe of it.

And everyone ignores the most important post. GTA is not just a game, it's a cultural phenomenon.

Nintendo games just don't have that kind of effect and influence anymore.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessFather - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - Day Z: Will The Thrill
#42VanderZooPosted 9/24/2013 6:01:33 PM
wonderful121 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
It is better. It's hard to even describe why GTA V is so good, it's just impressive. That's simply the word to use, it's impressive. The size of the map, the amazing graphics, the amount of content in there, the level of detail, the witty writing (it's a genuinely funny game, possibly the funniest game I've played, I'm always chuckling at something going on in that game).

The innovation of switching between three characters at anytime. The way it satirises modern America, Republicans, tea party, politics, gun control, materialism, fascination with celebrity, social media. How accurately it represents gang life, suburban life.

It's just phenomenal, it's a monster of a game, the size scope and ambition is just incredible. It goes beyond just being a game about "oh this is fun, oh the shooting gameplay mechanics are well done". It's almost like a piece of art, like a contemporary work that should be studied.

It's amazing, I'm not even a big GTA fan but you have to be in awe of it.

Fyi i own gta 5

So? And no offense, but you're a Nintendo fanboy, so I think your opinion of games not on Nintendo systems is biased.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#43Mavrick588Posted 9/24/2013 6:08:49 PM
No.
not even close.
GTA has hookers Galaxy does not.
That's all there is too it.

GTA does not and has never played well.
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#44AllFictionPosted 9/24/2013 8:06:21 PM
king_madden posted...
Are we really using like a combined less than 80 ratings to judge which game is better? When they will sell more than 30 million?

In games which is better is pretty much a by opinion selection. However in a which game is better in an overall sense you have to go by sales, reviews, and longevity.

In that regard gta V will more than likely go down as the better game. Especially since galaxy 2 fell millions below galaxy 1 sales. Gta 4 was still being talked about years after release and gta 5 is much better than that.

By your logic then Wii Sports is 4 times better than GTAV
---
pardon me if my grammar suck...
#45TalentedMPosted 9/24/2013 8:13:04 PM
Well it isn't above it anymore... But it could change.

They are both great games IMO. Both for different reasons that don't need to be compared to one another nor does it make sense to compare the two.

It is a subjective question, there is no right answer, even if the ratings were higher.

If it makes it any better I like GTA5 but I love W101 more and believe it is a better game. But it isn't anywhere near the ratings and sales that GTA5 got.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#46king_maddenPosted 9/24/2013 8:14:02 PM
AllFiction posted...
king_madden posted...
Are we really using like a combined less than 80 ratings to judge which game is better? When they will sell more than 30 million?

In games which is better is pretty much a by opinion selection. However in a which game is better in an overall sense you have to go by sales, reviews, and longevity.

In that regard gta V will more than likely go down as the better game. Especially since galaxy 2 fell millions below galaxy 1 sales. Gta 4 was still being talked about years after release and gta 5 is much better than that.

By your logic then Wii Sports is 4 times better than GTAV

no because again, i said reviews, sales, and longevity. no one is talking about how great of a game and a masterpiece wii sports was. people played it they may have enjoyed it, but it wasnt a memorable experience type deal.

so no thats not by my logic, please understand it before you try to claim what it is.

games like
#47wonderful121(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:11:28 PM
All right! Mario galaxy 2 is better than gta 5
---
Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released.
#48ThefallenseraphPosted 9/24/2013 11:32:28 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
It sold more, so yes.

That just means there are more demented people buying games.
---
Lets get it on FREAK!!
#49VidgmchtrPosted 9/24/2013 11:38:55 PM
Are we seriously comparing apples and oranges

WHY
#50CyborgTwentyPosted 9/27/2013 8:44:48 AM
It's a non NIntendo game so lol @ giving anything above a 5/10.