Need to decide between a Wii U and a 3DSXL

#1XImperialDragonPosted 9/24/2013 6:59:14 AM
My wife is wanting the new Zelda themed Wii U console, but there's no games outside of WindWaker HD that interest me (yet, that is. The Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei game and the new X RPG look really freaking good), but I was wanting to get one of the Pokemon themed 3DSXLs since there were a good number of games I wanted for that like Mario and Luigi, SMT IV, FE: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, the 2 Mario games, Phoenix Wright and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting at the moment.

I'm kind of torn on which one to get since my wife wants the Wii U mainly due to the Zelda designs (though it looks like the designs are more subtle than I would have liked. Are there even markings on the console unit, itself? Input would be appreciated on that). I could probably pick up both this check if I forego any games, but then what's the point of that? Anyway, were there any Wii U games I may have missed? If you can't tell, I really like RPGs, but I was planning on getting Pikmin, Bayonetta 2 (I liked the first a lot), Smash Bros, Wonderful 101 but that's all I can think of... anyone have any input?
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#2wonderful121Posted 9/24/2013 7:04:05 AM
no markings on the console.

get both, but if you need to choose, 3ds xl.
---
Can't wait for the ps 4 to be released.
#3goothgone514Posted 9/24/2013 7:09:12 AM
3ds
---
DETOX
#4BoomerTheGreatPosted 9/24/2013 7:10:05 AM
I would get a Wii U because there are alot of deals currently and the Zelda WiiU might be limited.
I have alot of third party games that I didnt play on my 360 like
Warriors Orochi 3Hyper
Tekken
I have some Wii games
I have Earthbound.
I have a 3DS XL too so maybe both if you can afford.
---
Greatness comes from within
#5eyeofcorePosted 9/24/2013 7:12:48 AM
Get WInd Waker HD limited edition Wii U, before its too late!

Buy 3DS XL later!
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#6VanderZooPosted 9/24/2013 7:24:20 AM
I'd always go with a console over a handheld. Since you and your wife both play games, a console would be a much better choice since you can do co-op. Donkey Kong and Mario 3D World are out this year.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#7SakuyaScarletPosted 9/24/2013 7:26:58 AM
3DS XL. Better value with a much larger library of games.
---
Touhoutards that annoy me the most are the ones still claiming Touhou isn't mainstream. Comiket and Reitaisai would like a word with them.
#8JawswajPosted 9/24/2013 7:40:09 AM
You should go with a 3DS XL. It has a great gaming library, and with Pokemon X and Y coming out soon, its gaming library will only get better. If you have enough money to buy 2 3DS XLs, you could also do that.
#9XImperialDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:07:07 AM
I think I got a friend at the local Gamestop to keep one of those Zelda Wii Us around until I next get paid, so I think I'm going to go with the 3DS this time and then just get the Wii U next check. Thanks for the input!
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#10segagamerPosted 9/24/2013 8:13:07 AM
It's a matter of console vs handheld, tbh.
---
Wii U+Xbox One+Steam Box :)