The Wii U Pro Controller

#1MarksmanRPosted 9/24/2013 9:51:01 AM
I thought GameCube's controller was the BEST controller ever, so comfortable and natural. Xbox 360's controller is my second favourite.

But I think the Wii U Pro controller (and tablet controller) is majorly flawed:

The A, B, X, Y buttons are BELOW the right control stick. My right thumb moves the control stick, BUT if I want to press A, B, X or Y whilst moving the control stick, it is incredibly awkward because my right fingers can only naturally touch buttons ABOVE the control stick.

The GameCube, Xbox and PS controllers all have the buttons ABOVE the right control stick, thus allowing you to naturally press a button and move the right control stick simultaneously. This is very important in FPS games, such as reloading or jumping as you aim simultaneously.

No idea how Nintendo made this design and took it to full production without noticing...
#2The13DoctorsPosted 9/24/2013 9:52:53 AM
You are a gamer, get used to it. Control schemes change all the time, it's a part of the job.

As an old friend would say, #dealwithit
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#3shanafanPosted 9/24/2013 9:54:40 AM
TC, I would agree with you if this was my first week with the controls on the Wii U, but now, I am totally used to it.

As the above poster states, you get used to different controls as a gamer. Just something to deal with.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#4Inferno700Posted 9/24/2013 9:54:55 AM
So your saying you would prefer to use your index and middle fingers to press the buttons instead off quickly using your thumb? I think ask controllers are designed to be used heavily by the thumb hence the buttons are near the thumb. If this were not so we would have buttons on the back of the controller like the shoulder buttons.
---
NNID: Jesus-is-God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700
#5SyCo_VeNoMPosted 9/24/2013 9:55:07 AM
MarksmanR posted...
I thought GameCube's controller was the BEST controller ever, so comfortable and natural. Xbox 360's controller is my second favourite.

But I think the Wii U Pro controller (and tablet controller) is majorly flawed:

The A, B, X, Y buttons are BELOW the right control stick. My right thumb moves the control stick, BUT if I want to press A, B, X or Y whilst moving the control stick, it is incredibly awkward because my right fingers can only naturally touch buttons ABOVE the control stick.

The GameCube, Xbox and PS controllers all have the buttons ABOVE the right control stick, thus allowing you to naturally press a button and move the right control stick simultaneously. This is very important in FPS games, such as reloading or jumping as you aim simultaneously.

No idea how Nintendo made this design and took it to full production without noticing...

Yup Nintendo should have went to your house to model it for your hand before releasing it to production. Never mind the people that feel the button layout is perfectly fine as is, and have absolutely 0 issues with it nope they don't matter.
#6MikeisapoetPosted 9/24/2013 9:55:10 AM
Every time someone says this, I move from the stick to the buttons with no issue in attempt to understand them. I don't. Super easy for me.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#7adampeltzPosted 9/24/2013 10:04:24 AM
Seriously... this must be your 2nd generation to be complaining at this point. It's an easy adjustment.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.