why is nintendo taking so long to come out with a wiiu game with online play?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why is nintendo taking so long to come out with a wiiu game with online play?
2 years ago#1
i always love games that are awesome when played with other people and online makes that extra special because i usually don't have people over to play games with...
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
2 years ago#2
They're only going to put it in games where it is necessary.
2 years ago#3
Thaxagoodname posted...

it's not in 3D World and i gotta say having online co-op for that should be a no brainer
---
2 years ago#4
Platforming takes precise timing and speed.

Online gaming is not exactly ideal for platformers. I didn't hear people complain that Rayman Legends doesn't support online multiplayer.

The answer is "When MK8/SSB comes out."
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
(edited by TalentedM)
2 years ago#5
NightMareBunny posted...
Thaxagoodname posted...

it's not in 3D World and i gotta say having online co-op for that should be a no brainer

Unless there is a way to communicate with each other then that'd be a bad idea. Have you played the New super Mario games? I can't think of playing those without the person(s) sitting next to me.
2 years ago#6
Online costs money for them to maintain, so to save money they don't include it.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
2 years ago#7
TalentedM posted...

Online gaming is not exactly ideal for platformers. I didn't hear people complain that Rayman Legends doesn't support online multiplayer.

so answer: Mid-Late 2014....
---
2 years ago#8
TalentedM posted...

This is exactly my reasoning. Greifers would endlessly kill themselves to make each other die and etc.
2 years ago#9
NightMareBunny posted...
TalentedM posted...

so answer: Mid-Late 2014....

If you want, many third party games have online but if you want a first party game with it then yes.
2 years ago#10
I'd never play a coop Mario game where I can't punch the bastard hogging all the power ups.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why is nintendo taking so long to come out with a wiiu game with online play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived