why is nintendo taking so long to come out with a wiiu game with online play?

#61sonicsonicPosted 9/25/2013 10:42:48 AM
People need to learn some video game history. Nintendo is too far behind to keep up with online? Mo Fo, Snes had DLC.

We will just have to wait for MK8, to see how Nintendo will be handling online. I am quite fond of them not just simply throwing online into every single title though. It shows a little bit of class and some understanding. Nintendo are one of the biggest devs out there. If they start shoehorning online multiplayer into every title, they would be criticized.

You all say NSMBU needs online, but how many of you would actually play it for more than an hour ?
#62Combo MasterPosted 9/25/2013 2:29:28 PM
sonicsonic posted...
People need to learn some video game history. Nintendo is too far behind to keep up with online? Mo Fo, Snes had DLC.

We will just have to wait for MK8, to see how Nintendo will be handling online. I am quite fond of them not just simply throwing online into every single title though. It shows a little bit of class and some understanding. Nintendo are one of the biggest devs out there. If they start shoehorning online multiplayer into every title, they would be criticized.

You all say NSMBU needs online, but how many of you would actually play it for more than an hour ?

I am sorry but nintendo fan boys are the worst. They would be criticized making every title into online?? Haha made me laugh at least. They need to make every game online in some way or another to justify people paying to play online. The real reason is there is not enough games on wii u that would benefit from them charging for online play on the system and people would complain.. You know Nintendo would never risk losing any profit they have made very very clear.
---
Combo Master
#63lgiPosted 9/25/2013 3:25:41 PM
Ok, ok, how about a Mario Party game online? Give me the reasons why that wouldn't work online.
#64KaiRyusakiPosted 9/25/2013 3:27:02 PM
Isnt Wii Party U rumored to have online support?
#65Baha05Posted 9/25/2013 3:29:41 PM
lgi posted...
Ok, ok, how about a Mario Party game online? Give me the reasons why that wouldn't work online.

I would assume idleness would be an issue but other then that Mario Party works for online a lot better (though hopefully they don't make the same issue as Nintendoland)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#66DiscostewSMPosted 9/25/2013 3:32:57 PM
Baha05 posted...
lgi posted...

I would assume idleness would be an issue but other then that Mario Party works for online a lot better (though hopefully they don't make the same issue as Nintendoland)

I wonder if they included it, the game would force the unresponsive player to become a temporary computer-controlled character if not active after some time during their turn or general gameplay until that player responds, just to at least let the game continue.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#67Baha05Posted 9/25/2013 3:35:40 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I wonder if they included it, the game would force the unresponsive player to become a temporary computer-controlled character if not active after some time during their turn or general gameplay until that player responds, just to at least let the game continue.

Or but them or something, because idleness in other games can get you killed or kicked. For a party game it should be something because being idle is just going to hold the damn game up.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy