Do most Wii U owners only care for Nintendo first party games?

#61SplatterHouse55Posted 9/27/2013 11:44:28 PM
I'll almost always buy a multi-plat on another system, but the funny part is that I'm not completely enamored with Nintendo first party IP. Zelda is actually the only Nintendo IP that gets me REALLY excited about getting a Nintendo console, however, I always end up getting the Mario platformers and Metroid games too as they're reliably fun games for me.

For me, the thing is that Nintendo seems to have a knack (since the GC) for attracting under-the-radar, niche, but high-quality 3rd party exclusives, and THAT'S what I generally care for with Nintendo consoles.

I don't own a WiiU (yet), but the games that are going to get me off my butt to get one are Zelda U and Monolith Soft's X. Personally, I don't really care for the Nintendo IP that usually moves systems (Mario Kart, SSB, Animal Crossing, Pokemon), but throw a new Zelda game into the mix and they couldn't get my money fast enough.
---
Ever since I started working, every day has be worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space
#62ao_bomberPosted 9/27/2013 11:54:50 PM
If the game is good and appeals to my interests then I'll buy them. It doesn't just apply to Nintendo.
---
ZYL5_
#63SakuyaScarletPosted 9/28/2013 1:59:40 AM
Not me. I buy games that my friends recommend to me, as well as buy games that I have been reading up about and want to purchase.
---
Touhoutards that annoy me the most are the ones still claiming Touhou isn't mainstream. Comiket and Reitaisai would like a word with them.