Wii U and Super Smash Brawl

#1MK_GodPosted 9/25/2013 6:07:41 PM
I didn't exactly know where to post this and I thought I'd get a better response here. Does anyone know if I can use the Wii U pro controller for Super Smash Brothers Brawl? I have neither console. I only have the game. But I'm really wanting to play and practice and can't decide if I should just stick with getting a Wii (cheaply) and using my gamecube controller or, if I'm able to, buy a Wii U and use the Wii U pro controller.

I did search around other sites and topics on here for an answer and never found an answer for this. Thank you for your replies!
#2GDoobahPosted 9/25/2013 6:12:55 PM
Does anyone know if I can use the Wii U pro controller for Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

nope.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#3Oni_TaedoPosted 9/25/2013 6:14:44 PM
Get a Wii U (you can play Wii games on it, so it's like getting two consoles in one).

No, you can't use a Wii U Pro Controller with Wii games.

I suggest either getting cozy with Wiimote+Nunchuk controls like I did for a while, or dishing out cash for a Classic Controller Pro (or a regular CC, which, while not as good for Smash, is much better for other games, especially DBZ:BT3, if you can find a flapping copy).
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#4MK_God(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 6:18:38 PM
Thanks guys!
#5Oni_TaedoPosted 9/25/2013 6:37:56 PM
MK_God posted...
Thanks guys!

No problem.

If you have any other questions, "What are the best Wii games?", "Does this game support CCP?" etc., just ask.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#6Nin3DSFanPosted 9/25/2013 7:11:49 PM
The simple reason as to why it doesn't support the Pro Controller, is because, well, as 'derp' as this may sound, the Wii U never existed when most Wii games came out, and, they were never programmed to accept the Wii U controllers.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!