Will we ever see in game graphics like the Japanese garden from the tech demo?

#1gamecubeplayerPosted 9/25/2013 6:35:40 PM
Topic.. Not trolling I like Nintendo and just last week purchase my WW HD bundle and had my little brother also get one.. but was just wondering.. because there is not one single game that looks as good as TLOU on the PS3 wich suppose to have weaker tech then the Wii u.
#2Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 9/25/2013 6:37:35 PM
PS3 has a stronger CPU
#31shadetail1Posted 9/25/2013 6:38:56 PM
On what basis are you judging the graphics of the games you've seen so far?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4gamecubeplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 6:42:01 PM
1shadetail1 posted...

So far on everything available for the Wii.. or videos of upcoming titles.
#5STN79Posted 9/25/2013 6:44:01 PM(edited)
Give it time. Once developers get a better understanding of Wii U's inner workings we'll start seeing more impressive games. So far all we've got is ports and an HD remake of a Wind waker. Every gen's early games aren't going to be that impressive.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#6DiscostewSMPosted 9/25/2013 6:43:22 PM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
PS3 has a stronger CPU

And TLOU couldn't be done at launch, so that must mean the CPU was problematic until developers learned how to use it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7Baha05Posted 9/25/2013 6:44:13 PM
Overtime yeah, hell just look at the FFVII tech demo and look at how better the look of FFXIII is.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#81shadetail1Posted 9/25/2013 7:40:26 PM
gamecubeplayer posted...
1shadetail1 posted...

So far on everything available for the Wii.. or videos of upcoming titles.

"I'm judging the games I've seen so far based on the games I've seen so far."

That doesn't answer the question. Get technical. Pixel count, polygon count, texture quality, something like that.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/25/2013 7:45:29 PM
Judging games by a single factor is silly.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#10TalentedMPosted 9/25/2013 8:14:45 PM(edited)
It is subjective.

I personally feel the art, graphics and style of W101 is better than TLoU and themed better than just taking Uncharted and boosting it giving it more plant life and ruined cars....

I didn't see the big deal with the graphics honestly. Maybe because I mostly game on PC. I actually thought the scenes in Tomb Raider looked 100x better than anything on TLoU other than the rendered movies for it....

TLoU was all about the journey than the graphics to me. I didn't think they were that impressive.

To answer the topic, yes. I do eventually think that there will be better and better graphics as time passes on the system. Like all systems, the middle of its life tends to have graphicly better quality overall.

If you care about graphics though, go to PC. Trust me, been there since the late 90s and never left.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing