The Wii U is definitely more powerful than people think.

#1DarkAdonis123Posted 9/26/2013 10:14:00 AM
I'm impressed that the system can project gameplay simultaneously on a tv and the GamePad in perfect unison every time. That's commonly overlooked despite it being a tell tale sign that it's more powerful than the hardware it's often compared to. I just wish there was more than just Pikmin 3 to show of its potential. I really want to see what this thing is capable of.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#2Baha05Posted 9/26/2013 10:17:45 AM
Well give it another year and we should see some magic, it always seems the first year for any consoles doesn't show off it's true colors.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3gamebuyer22Posted 9/26/2013 10:20:54 AM
Most new systems usually have a noticeable jump in graphics from the start. Wii U didnt even do that.
#4nonexistingheroPosted 9/26/2013 10:21:25 AM
The Wonderful 101 looks magnificent. And I don't think anything on the PS3 or 360 matches Wind Waker HD's look. And the same goes for Pikmin 3. These games use graphical effects that the PS3 and 360 just aren't capable of.

I think the main problem for Wii U games at the moment are jaggies. They're pretty detrimental to a game's graphics.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5DarkAdonis123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 10:23:34 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
The Wonderful 101 looks magnificent. And I don't think anything on the PS3 or 360 matches Wind Waker HD's look. And the same goes for Pikmin 3. These games use graphical effects that the PS3 and 360 just aren't capable of.

I think the main problem for Wii U games at the moment are jaggies. They're pretty detrimental to a game's graphics.

Nintendo doesn't like using AA with their games. I don't know why, but they've always did their own thing.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6EastCoastKodyPosted 9/26/2013 10:24:56 AM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Most new systems usually have a noticeable jump in graphics from the start. Wii U didnt even do that.

looks at Wii games.......than looks at Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker.

is confused.

looks like a jump to me

Looks at PS3 games........than looks at PS4 games. Barely a hop
#7XeylirPosted 9/26/2013 10:25:59 AM
This is actually something that I've been thinking for a while. First time I've seen anyone post it here though.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#8eyeofcorePosted 9/26/2013 10:29:24 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...

Nintendo doesn't like using AA with their games. I don't know why, but they've always did their own thing.

It seems Nintendo thinks that AA is waste of resources/gflops so they don't use it...

In case anyone think he/she knows about Wii U's performance, you are probably wrong since there are many many factors and many many ways that Wii U needs to be improved internally involving software and usage of features that its hardware has.

Beyond 3 fools think it is mere 176Gflops and that is proven wrong by NeoGAF users that are leaned towards 352Gflops while people at IGN forum speculate that is 500-600 Gflops since it is customized and other things... But hey, its not about powa its about games...
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#9wugeezyPosted 9/26/2013 10:35:09 AM
I'm curious to know how much of the systems resources are used for the gamepad and its features while in play.
#10NightMareBunnyPosted 9/26/2013 10:37:31 AM
The Gamepad is a far better control option than The Wiimote/Nunchuk yet there exists people that think The Wii Had A Better Controller....

sure at first the wiimote was cool but over time it became repetitive and boring....makes every game feel like a freaking point and click

this is a video game console not a freaking cable box
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829