Must Have Wii U Games

#1The13DoctorsPosted 9/26/2013 2:33:05 PM
i'm getting the Wii U today with 3 games, BO2, and 2 others, not through the Target deal. What games should I get. I'm really looking into Splinter Cell, and had Mario on the mind but I know there's tons more to look at. I of course need something that will keep me going for a while as it's my initial library, and something that isn't slow paced.

Made the mistake of only having Animal Crossing and OoT in my 3DS library and those games are both very slow, leaving me with little to play most of the time. Kart I beat within a week.

So which games should I get? Which are worth it and will keep me going for a while? Haven't played 2D Mario since the DS game, so is it time to revisit the game? Is it long enough to keep me on it or should I opt for something else? Don't really want W101 yet in fear of a similar situation as above, I end up not playing it after a week.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#2RockD79Posted 9/26/2013 3:22:58 PM(edited)
Splinter Cell is awesome on the U. You'll know what I mean once you get the Gamepad features down. Lego City is good if you like the Lego games. Monster Hunter also if you're familiar with the franchise. Tekken Tag is cheaper now and that's not bad if you like that franchise with a touch of Nintendo silliness on the side.
---
Now Playing: Wind Waker HD/M&L Dream Team
Total Tools Detooled: 168
#3The13Doctors(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 3:33:25 PM
RockD79 posted...
Splinter Cell is awesome on the U. You'll know what I mean once you get the Gamepad features down. Lego City is good if you like the Lego games. Monster Hunter also if you're familiar with the franchise. Tekken Tag is cheaper now and that's not bad if you like that franchise with a touch of Nintendo silliness on the side.

How much content is there in LEGO? Don't actually know much about it, how big is it, and what can you do?

Does is have a good sandbox?
---
#4GameKing59Posted 9/26/2013 3:56:29 PM
Here's some games to consider getting for the Wii U.

1.Pikmin 3.
2.The Wonderful 101.
3.Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
4.Rayman Legends.
5.ZombiU.
6.Game & Wario.
7.Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed.
8.Resident Evil: Revelations.
9.Scribblenauts Unlimited.
10.Assassin's Creed 3 (unless you've got a different version).
#5RockD79Posted 9/26/2013 4:05:03 PM
The13Doctors posted...
RockD79 posted...

How much content is there in LEGO? Don't actually know much about it, how big is it, and what can you do?

Does is have a good sandbox?

It's actually quite large. Think of it as a Lego GTA full of humor mixed with the existing Lego engine. There's tons to do. I think I put in about 30 hours and there was still lots of side objectives left to complete.
---
Now Playing: Wind Waker HD/M&L Dream Team
Total Tools Detooled: 168
#6OMG_AIDSPosted 9/26/2013 4:28:54 PM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#7cvfanPosted 9/26/2013 9:32:13 PM
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is another good game to pick up.
---
XBL GT: cvfan25, 3DS FC: 0216-0930-9701, PSN ID: cvmaniac, Wii U ID: CVFan31.
#8The13Doctors(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 3:34:28 PM
cvfan posted...

Yeah I'm getting the bundle.
---
#9BlackPhoenix127Posted 9/27/2013 3:53:27 PM
The13Doctors posted...
cvfan posted...

I picked up the bundle last week and should be getting three games in the mail by tomorrow. I grabbed Mario, Ninja Gaiden, and Batman. I'd say if you're only wanting exclusives then look in to Wonderful 101, Pikmin, and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#10The13Doctors(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:17:04 PM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
The13Doctors posted...
cvfan posted...

I picked up the bundle last week and should be getting three games in the mail by tomorrow. I grabbed Mario, Ninja Gaiden, and Batman. I'd say if you're only wanting exclusives then look in to Wonderful 101, Pikmin, and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate.

Nah I'm good with both. SCB is of high priority, as is Pikmin.

Never actually played NG, I know it's got a following. Is this one a good first game to play? How good is the replayability.
---