DKC: Tropical Freeze rumored to be delayed to Feb

#61Nin3DSFanPosted 9/27/2013 7:42:17 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Please understand, the launch window for the WiiU has been extended to February 2014.

You donk! This game wasn't even ANNOUNCED until months after the Wii U was released.
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#62boxster233Posted 9/27/2013 7:45:35 AM
Spookyryu posted...
boxster233 posted...
Thank God. With W101, 3DWorld, WWHD, just too many games and too little time.

and sonic and batman and splinter cell, gosh so many games

I know! I'm 76% through Splinter Cell and won't buy W101 until I beat Splinter Cell.

I totally forgot about Batman.
#63lp913Posted 9/27/2013 10:12:11 AM
I can understand the frustration from DKTF players who were looking forward to the game. Have to say IF the delay is true it actually make complete sense, and its all about sales momentum. You would have to be a fool to say this will somehow hurt Wii U when we have:

October - Zelda WWHD Retail, Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World/Deadly Six Edition

November - Super Mario 3D World, Wii Sports Club eshop, Wii Fit U eshop

December - Wii Fit U retail, Possibly more Wii Sports Club eShop content, etc.

And this is before we get into all the multiplats on the console to also consider (Batman, Assassin's Creed, COD, Just Dance, eShop indie games, etc.) Truthfully its enough big names to get through the holiday season with. Nintendo may be preparing DKTF for continued sales momentum throughout Q1 2014 cause otherwise it could be another big dropoff between the holiday and the spring release of Mario Kart 8, so they would need another big title to fill the gap in between.

Plus there's a rumor going around that an HD remastered collection of the original three SNES DKC games are in the works (which would explain its Wii Shop/eShop absence), and to be offered up as a pre-order bonus for the DKTF game. Considering all the release dates we already know about, it does make sense in terms of prolonging sales momentum between now and Mario Kart 8's launch.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#64JackalPosted 9/27/2013 10:25:35 AM
I can see the ND now. "Please understand..."
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#65ptreemf12Posted 9/27/2013 10:34:54 AM
I would cry...

:'(
---
Every dang time...
#66Darth GeckoPosted 9/27/2013 11:38:25 AM
I was going to get Watch Dogs in December.
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#67slymshadyPosted 9/27/2013 2:04:03 PM
lp913 posted...
I can understand the frustration from DKTF players who were looking forward to the game. Have to say IF the delay is true it actually make complete sense, and its all about sales momentum. You would have to be a fool to say this will somehow hurt Wii U when we have:

And this is before we get into all the multiplats on the console to also consider (Batman, Assassin's Creed, COD, Just Dance, eShop indie games, etc.) Truthfully its enough big names to get through the holiday season with. Nintendo may be preparing DKTF for continued sales momentum throughout Q1 2014 cause otherwise it could be another big dropoff between the holiday and the spring release of Mario Kart 8, so they would need another big title to fill the gap in between.

Plus there's a rumor going around that an HD remastered collection of the original three SNES DKC games are in the works (which would explain its Wii Shop/eShop absence), and to be offered up as a pre-order bonus for the DKTF game. Considering all the release dates we already know about, it does make sense in terms of prolonging sales momentum between now and Mario Kart 8's launch.

I don't see them giving away the DKC games as preorder specials but I do see them doing 2014 as the 20th anniversary of DKC and releasing tropical freeze and a collection
#68HungoverHero777Posted 9/27/2013 3:33:40 PM
slymshady posted...
lp913 posted...

I don't see them giving away the DKC games as preorder specials but I do see them doing 2014 as the 20th anniversary of DKC and releasing tropical freeze and a collection

Perhaps 2014 will be the year of DK?
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#69arvilinoPosted 9/27/2013 3:42:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70Nin3DSFanPosted 9/28/2013 11:01:28 AM(edited)
OK, so... the current release date according to Nintendo, is still December 6, 2013.

Here's some release dates from other sites:

GameStop/EB Games: December 6, 2013 (US)
Wikipedia: December 6, 2013 (US)
IGN: December 6, 2013 (US)
GameFAQs/GameSpot: December 6, 2013 (US)
Xtralife: December 2013 (Spanish)
Amazon: TBA (US)
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!