Wow. Donkey Kong 3?

#1VyersPosted 9/26/2013 6:45:52 PM
Dang. I'm still waiting on any Castlevanias, Super Mario Bros. 3, N64 games, yet-unreleased VC games, and a number of other titles. So Nintendo's response is to make one of their poorest games the only VC title release for this week? Honestly, Nintendo is seriously dropping the ball w/ the eShop. There's hardly any reason to look at it for an entire month because there's so very rarely nothing special there. It wouldn't be SO bad if every week they were releasing a game someone wanted with Wii U enhancements, but they clearly aren't. I'd rather have Donkey Kong Jr. Math than this.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2avigeant83Posted 9/26/2013 6:47:35 PM
I have to agree that they have dropped the ball with the VC. I've gotten Super Mario World, Super Metroid, and Earthbound. I thought I would have at least 10 games in the first year.
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 9/26/2013 6:50:43 PM
I distinctly recall Donkey Kong 3 being considered a stinker, even in the Arcade days.

But yeah, guess they intend to shovel all of their crap out first before they release some of the games people want.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4georgethecow4Posted 9/26/2013 6:58:07 PM
It was AMAZING in the first few weeks, what with the deals and multiple releases, but it has sunk horribly. I hope that it's because they have a ND coming up announcing that ALL Nintendo VC games on the Wii will be transferable at once that very same day, but...I doubt it.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#5blinkfreakPosted 9/26/2013 7:20:08 PM
georgethecow4 posted...
It was AMAZING in the first few weeks, what with the deals and multiple releases, but it has sunk horribly. I hope that it's because they have a ND coming up announcing that ALL Nintendo VC games on the Wii will be transferable at once that very same day, but...I doubt it.

That would be great! Won't happen though.
#6Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 7:24:51 PM
There needs to be at least three games released per week. DK3 would have been okay if it accompanied, say, A Link to the Past.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#7PsienceWinsPosted 9/26/2013 7:41:01 PM
I really liked Donkey Kong 3. It's easily my favorite in the "original" DK trilogy. I'm happy with it.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#8StarmanJuniorPosted 9/26/2013 7:49:05 PM
Wth are they thinking
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#9Baha05Posted 9/26/2013 7:50:07 PM
Vyers posted...
There needs to be at least three games released per week. DK3 would have been okay if it accompanied, say, A Link to the Past.

This
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#10startme_upPosted 9/26/2013 8:21:22 PM
Yeah they've barely released any VC games so far and they've only released NES and SNES games. Putting out 1 game per week (especially such a weak one) makes no sense at this point because they've still got a huge reserve of games to release. Lots of Nintendo NES and SNES classics still aren't out. There aren't many third party games on the service yet. No N64, GBA, or GCN games (all of which were confirmed to be coming). No Genesis, Turbografx16, or Neo Geo games.

If they were releasing 1 new game per week 3 years from now when most of the stuff would have already been released, that'd be fine. But the console hasn't even been on shelves for a year yet and the VC games are coming at a drip. Even the Wii, which was the first console to introduce the VC had a much better stream of games early on than the Wii U.

Getting Super Metroid for 30 cents was pretty balling though.
---
3DS FC: 2707-1686-3447