Atlus announcement

#21ElectricMolePosted 9/27/2013 3:34:11 AM(edited)
GDoobah posted...
It's an updated Persona 4 Arena.



Naw, that was already announced the normal way through the press.

This website is a countdown to another game in the Persona universe. here: http://p-ch.jp/

If you want the P4A UUSH website, go here: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/


---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#22SakuyaScarletPosted 9/27/2013 7:46:40 AM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
highly doubt it will be on the Wii U, it's pretty much a guarantee for PS3.

This. Persona already has an established fanbase on Sony systems. There's no reason they should make it solely for the Wii U. IMHO, the most likely Nintendo system they would release it for would be the 3DS.
---
Touhoutards that annoy me the most are the ones still claiming Touhou isn't mainstream. Comiket and Reitaisai would like a word with them.
#23The_DjokerPosted 9/27/2013 8:01:54 AM(edited)
HMJIM707 posted...
I really hope its announcing P5 for WU.


Why the hell would atlus put P5 on wii U? Yeah lets put our best franchise on the worst selling system.

And I just hope it's not on Wii U for 1 major reason. It's region locked so I have to wait 10 years to play it since Atlus Garbage.co can't publish in Europe.


If it is Exclusive then PS3. Region free system.

I just hope to god it's not on

- handheld- death of franchise crap sales
- Region locked systems

I wouldn't mind a PS4/ONE version like the other big JPN games.

Just keep it away from region locked systmes and handhelds.

If it's on handheds it will be the death of franchise just like Valkyria Chronciles.


---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#24Oni_TaedoPosted 9/27/2013 8:36:01 AM
The_Djoker posted...
HMJIM707 posted...
I really hope its announcing P5 for WU.


Yeah lets put our best franchise on the worst selling system.



This is about Persona, not SMT.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#25Oni_TaedoPosted 9/27/2013 8:37:14 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Would be stupid to put a niche title like P5 on a console where it won't sell since third party games aren't selling well on the system and the system isn't selling.


P5 would sell as well on the Wii U as it would on any other console.
As you said, it's niche. 3 million copies sold would be considered extremely lucky.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#26CLupulaPosted 9/27/2013 8:47:19 AM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Would be stupid to put a niche title like P5 on a console where it won't sell since third party games aren't selling well on the system and the system isn't selling.


P5 would sell as well on the Wii U as it would on any other console.
As you said, it's niche. 3 million copies sold would be considered extremely lucky.


Not when, about 80% of the Persona fanbase are on PS3. Maybe the other 20%, based on sales, own a 360. A Wii U version would be lucky to sell 50,000, worldwide.
#27vidalmorazaPosted 9/27/2013 8:43:37 AM
I still think it has to do with the Persona Music Fest rather than a new game
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#28Oni_TaedoPosted 9/27/2013 10:02:31 AM
CLupula posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Would be stupid to put a niche title like P5 on a console where it won't sell since third party games aren't selling well on the system and the system isn't selling.


P5 would sell as well on the Wii U as it would on any other console.
As you said, it's niche. 3 million copies sold would be considered extremely lucky.


Not when, about 80% of the Persona fanbase are on PS3. Maybe the other 20%, based on sales, own a 360. A Wii U version would be lucky to sell 50,000, worldwide.


The only reason why the Persona fanbase is on the PS3, is because Persona has only ever been on Playstation. Arena doesn't count, as it's technically a spin-off.

I mean, hell, prior to Twin Snakes, most people would have said the entire MGS fanbase was on Playstation. And they were right, because MGS had only ever been on Playstation at the time (Substance wasn't out at the time, I believe).

There's ALWAYS time for that to change.

Look at Resident Evil.
Fanbase went to Nintendo after the series became Nintendo exclusive for a short while.

Again, I think Sega should just make the game multiplatform, a lot less whining that way.

Nintendo fans will be pissing in the ears of Sony fans, and Sony fans will send death threats to Yuji Naka (despite not having anything to do with the game, he's not AT Sega anymore. He's just the only Sega employee who's name I can honestly remember).

So, to avoid the major poopstorm, release it on ALL major platforms.
Atlus' games are NEVER graphical powerhouses, hell, even P4 looked like a 2005 PS2 game (a good one, mind you), so designing the game with the Wii U in mind, and THEN porting it to the PS4 and XBone (all three would release on the same day. The reason why it would be designed primarily for Wii U, is because it costs less to upgrade a game, than to have to downgrade it to comply with the weaker console's hardware limitations, it saves money) with extra graphical bells and whistles to make use of that extra power.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#29IokuaPosted 9/27/2013 11:25:18 AM
If it is Persona 5, do not expect it for the PS4 or Xbone. The Persona series is a low to mid budget series, and it will remain that way no matter how successful it becomes. It makes the most sense for it to be either on the PS3 or the 3DS.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#30CLupulaPosted 9/27/2013 11:36:15 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...

Look at Resident Evil.
Fanbase went to Nintendo after the series became Nintendo exclusive for a short while.


No, it didn't. That's why Capcom had to port RE4 to the PS2 and why RE4 was even made in the first place. The low sales of the Gamecube RE titles. Look it up.