why is it that people would rather play as villains than heroes on a quest?

#51Oni_TaedoPosted 9/27/2013 8:44:03 AM
I also wondered this.

The villain is a douche.
Nobody likes him.
He lives in his giant castle, with his only company being his henchmen, who respect him out of fear.

The hero has the adoration of the public, the girl, a spiffy red suit and helmet with a sick logo, or ornament on it, awesome powers, a giant robot, all the things you could possibly want.
All the GOOD things.

So why would anyone possibly want to be the villain?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#52deathwave21Posted 9/27/2013 9:38:17 AM
Most gamers are casual gamers who play what is popular. GTA and COD have been popular among the younger, casual audience since their inception. It is not about villain Vs. Hero on a quest, though it may seem that way. If Zelda or Mario could somehow pull off something new that captures the attention of the casuals, they too would regain the hype they once had.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#53OzzieArcanePosted 9/27/2013 10:40:48 PM
Alphrin posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
Alphrin posted...
Um...since when did Zelda and Mario not sell well? They are both multi-million sellers. And I'm pretty sure New Super Mario Bros actually outsells Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.

Mario and Zelda aren't even really on the same level in terms of sales.

Do you mean with eachother? That's true, because Mario sells tens of millions whereas Zelda does not. But TC made it sound like Zelda does not sell well at all.

Yes that was what I meant.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#54xOmniCloudxPosted 9/27/2013 11:12:07 PM
Lack of rules outside the ones you want. Video games have no real life consequences. In the end you have freedom to play how you want.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.