It seems so bizarre that Nintendo doesn't do analog triggers w/ the Game Pad.

#31cavebear56Posted 9/27/2013 8:03:06 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
Gonna be honest here, while the lack of analog triggers is an oversight, I really don't think it's as big of a deal as it's made out to be. Outside of the racing genre, very few games use them, much less need them. A mouse and keyboard doest have analog triggers and I use it just fine for most games.

This.

It has really become a more overblown whine than anything at this point.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#32VanderZooPosted 9/27/2013 8:10:23 AM
They almost weren't going to have clickable analogue sticks either. And for a time they weren't even going to have analogue sticks, they were going to be slide pads like on the 3DS lol.

I think what has happened is that Nintendo has put all of their focus on the touch screen and hasn't thought about how they could enhance other areas of the controller.

Take the XB1 controller for example, it's basically the same controller as the 360's, yet it has over 40 enhancements, almost all of them you can't see. Same with the DS4. Things like less dead zones in the analogue sticks, the springyness of the buttons, refinements of the triggers. Both controllers also have improved rumble.

I think it's fair to say that maybe you just can't do both, you can't have a touch screen AND all those new refinements because of costs. But then I think about how rich Nintendo is and how much money they made this gen, you'd think they could splurge a little.

When it comes down to it, the controller is easily in the top 3 most important features of a console, that's one thing you have to absolutely nail, spare no costs when it comes to the controller I say.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#33DoramiPosted 9/27/2013 8:29:23 AM(edited)
*shrug* They can just release a version of the controller(s) with analog trigger down the line.

They mapped the analog stick to the touchscreen in Mario 64 DS. It sucked. But they did it. They may very well do the same thing for the GC games.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#34arvilinoPosted 9/27/2013 8:44:25 AM
LifelessBoy posted...
This board is the only dang place where I've seen people defend the lack of analog triggers. It's a bad move by Nintendo guys, accept it and move along.

I'm playing GTA V right now and can already imagine having to accelerate at full speed whenever I had to go.

"Lemme position my car in this parking spot a bit forward"

*tires screech like a maniac and the car hits a wall*

"WHAT?!?"

It's GTA not American City Driving Simulator 2013, or do you get wanted stars in GTA for not parking in designated parking spaces now?
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#35TehJimminatorPosted 9/27/2013 8:53:12 AM
Lol at the people who are saying "they can just release a new version with analog triggers".

You'd be happy to pay $50+ for a new controller just to get functionality that it should have had to begin with, yeah?
---
AdamLaz
#36abear90Posted 9/27/2013 9:00:09 AM
arvilino posted...
LifelessBoy posted...
This board is the only dang place where I've seen people defend the lack of analog triggers. It's a bad move by Nintendo guys, accept it and move along.

I'm playing GTA V right now and can already imagine having to accelerate at full speed whenever I had to go.

"WHAT?!?"

It's GTA not American City Driving Simulator 2013, or do you get wanted stars in GTA for not parking in designated parking spaces now?

Lol. Do you know what gta stands for? Have you ever played one? Do you know exactly how much of your time is spent in vehicles, all of which require analog gas and brakes?
#37BaconPancakesPosted 9/27/2013 9:11:09 AM
abear90 posted...
arvilino posted...
LifelessBoy posted...

"WHAT?!?"

Lol. Do you know what gta stands for? Have you ever played one? Do you know exactly how much of your time is spent in vehicles, all of which require analog gas and brakes?

While a lack of analog triggers are a problem, have you ever played a GTA game before the original X-BOX and PS3/360?
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#38TehJimminatorPosted 9/27/2013 9:15:02 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
abear90 posted...
arvilino posted...
LifelessBoy posted...

"WHAT?!?"

While a lack of analog triggers are a problem, have you ever played a GTA game before the original X-BOX and PS3/360?

"It's ok that the Wii U doesn't have analog triggers because it'll be able to play games that were made ten years ago."

Might as well not even bother with analog sticks since there were games that played just fine with the d-pad.
---
AdamLaz
#39abear90Posted 9/27/2013 9:15:33 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
abear90 posted...
arvilino posted...
LifelessBoy posted...

"WHAT?!?"

I have, and like most games of this generation, I am appreciative of the extra finesse in control analog triggers add to new games of "old" series.
#40BaconPancakesPosted 9/27/2013 9:18:31 AM
abear90 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
abear90 posted...
arvilino posted...
LifelessBoy posted...

"WHAT?!?"

I have, and like most games of this generation, I am appreciative of the extra finesse in control analog triggers add to new games of "old" series.

I've yet to play a GTA game after San Andreas. I lost interest.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.