Nintendo Fights Back WITH Tesco

#1PannerPosted 9/27/2013 4:07:40 AM
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-teams-up-with-tesco-for-wii-u-fight-back/0121777

Nintendo are renting out spaces in Tesco stores and sending out 300.000 leaflets to Tesco customers to show the difference of the WiiU.

A good ole fashioned fight back. I like that.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#2DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/27/2013 4:10:55 AM
Sad that they have to do this. If only they had given it a new name instead of this Wii U nonsense the problem would not be this big at all. Oh well, gotta rent spaces to get the word out I guess lol
#3AstralFrostPosted 9/27/2013 4:14:44 AM(edited)
Will the leaflets be one of these?

http://images.socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Why-Wii-U-Ad.jpg

"Plays Wii U games"
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4DrSouljaBoi69Posted 9/27/2013 4:15:33 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Will the leaflets be one of these?

http://images.socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Why-Wii-U-Ad.jpg

"Plays Wii U games"

That thing was almost as pathetic as "please understand". Almost.
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 9/27/2013 4:16:12 AM
Honest-to-God advertisement? In my Nintendo?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6Panner(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:16:34 AM
Renting out spaces is the best possible way for Nintendo to show that the WiiU is a new console.
If they have they have 2 or 3 demo units WITH Nintendo reps there, they can show shoppers the difference.
Now that Nintendo have the new ad agency on board, maybe we will start to see more and better commercials on TV too.
---
#7AstralFrostPosted 9/27/2013 4:19:06 AM
Panner posted...
Renting out spaces is the best possible way for Nintendo to show that the WiiU is a new console.
If they have they have 2 or 3 demo units WITH Nintendo reps there, they can show shoppers the difference.
Now that Nintendo have the new ad agency on board, maybe we will start to see more and better commercials on TV too.

Well, you know they're getting desperate with the console when they need to pay and beg stores to keep it in stock this early in its lifespan. Its really going to be the breaking point once the PS4 and XB1 arrive.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#8Panner(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:21:49 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Panner posted...

Well, you know they're getting desperate with the console when they need to pay and beg stores to keep it in stock this early in its lifespan. Its really going to be the breaking point once the PS4 and XB1 arrive.

So you'd rather them stand aside with their hands in their pockets and do nothing.
You'd probably like that, so you could criticize that too.
---
#9wingo84Posted 9/27/2013 4:24:30 AM
Best thing about this ? When it says adverts will run continuously from half term to christmas, thats around 6 weeks. A great time frame to blow loadsa cash on loads of ads.

Lets just hope theyre good and not "HEY YOURE TOTALY STUPID, LETS TELL YOU ABOUT WHY WII U IS DIFFERENT!"
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#10JackalPosted 9/27/2013 4:38:11 AM
I guess it's cheaper than making commercials which is right up Nintendo's alley.

They may rent the space but does that mean that the store have to order the inventory to fill it?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz