will wii u sales SKYROCKET when smash bros comes out?

#1FelineCyborgPosted 9/27/2013 4:51:37 AM
magic 8 ball says "f*** yes"
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
#2WildsparkPosted 9/27/2013 4:53:50 AM
Probably. But the fact that the game is also releasing on 3ds means that people who would've bought a wii u to play the game will just get it on 3ds instead. There might still be a lot of sales on both systems though
---
I sense a disturbance in the triforce
#3JackalPosted 9/27/2013 4:55:04 AM
Haven't we had one of these "skyrocket" and "really take off" topics for each game released now? Shouldn't the Wii U be nearing Saturn soon? ;)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4FelineCyborg(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:56:11 AM
smash bros belongs on home consoles where you can play it on the same screen in the same room with all your friends. maybe the 3ds is a good training on the go version but the meat and potaterz version is on wii u
---
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
#5Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 9/27/2013 4:57:34 AM
They definitely will, but since we don't know when in 2014 this game is coming out, Nintendo might need other top sellers soon before it.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.
#6eyeofcorePosted 9/27/2013 5:01:49 AM
I am pretty sure it will, SSBB jumps onto top 50 every now and then... It is still going strong even though it has been released like 5 or 6 years ago.
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#7WildsparkPosted 9/27/2013 5:02:09 AM
FelineCyborg posted...
smash bros belongs on home consoles where you can play it on the same screen in the same room with all your friends. maybe the 3ds is a good training on the go version but the meat and potaterz version is on wii u

I agree. But more people own 3ds, so it seems probable that they'll just buy the game for that instead of wii u
---
I sense a disturbance in the triforce
#8ArchsazePosted 9/27/2013 5:44:38 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
They definitely will, but since we don't know when in 2014 this game is coming out, Nintendo might need other top sellers soon before it.

Mario Kart 8 will be that top seller!
#9Darth_ElusivePosted 9/27/2013 5:50:31 AM
Jackal posted...
Haven't we had one of these "skyrocket" and "really take off" topics for each game released now? Shouldn't the Wii U be nearing Saturn soon? ;)

I really LOL. Thanks for the post.
---
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite
#10Nate_DihldorffPosted 9/27/2013 6:16:07 AM
Jackal posted...

Yeah, Sega Saturn.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People