will wii u sales SKYROCKET when smash bros comes out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. will wii u sales SKYROCKET when smash bros comes out?

User Info: FelineCyborg

FelineCyborg
3 years ago#1
magic 8 ball says "f*** yes"
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon

User Info: Wildspark

Wildspark
3 years ago#2
Probably. But the fact that the game is also releasing on 3ds means that people who would've bought a wii u to play the game will just get it on 3ds instead. There might still be a lot of sales on both systems though
I sense a disturbance in the triforce

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
3 years ago#3
Haven't we had one of these "skyrocket" and "really take off" topics for each game released now? Shouldn't the Wii U be nearing Saturn soon? ;)
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz

User Info: FelineCyborg

FelineCyborg
3 years ago#4
smash bros belongs on home consoles where you can play it on the same screen in the same room with all your friends. maybe the 3ds is a good training on the go version but the meat and potaterz version is on wii u
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon
Hiten Mitsurugi S 3 years ago#5
They definitely will, but since we don't know when in 2014 this game is coming out, Nintendo might need other top sellers soon before it.
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.

User Info: eyeofcore

eyeofcore
3 years ago#6
I am pretty sure it will, SSBB jumps onto top 50 every now and then... It is still going strong even though it has been released like 5 or 6 years ago.
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.

User Info: Wildspark

Wildspark
3 years ago#7
FelineCyborg posted...
smash bros belongs on home consoles where you can play it on the same screen in the same room with all your friends. maybe the 3ds is a good training on the go version but the meat and potaterz version is on wii u

I agree. But more people own 3ds, so it seems probable that they'll just buy the game for that instead of wii u
I sense a disturbance in the triforce

User Info: Archsaze

Archsaze
3 years ago#8
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
They definitely will, but since we don't know when in 2014 this game is coming out, Nintendo might need other top sellers soon before it.

Mario Kart 8 will be that top seller!

User Info: Darth_Elusive

Darth_Elusive
3 years ago#9
Jackal posted...
Haven't we had one of these "skyrocket" and "really take off" topics for each game released now? Shouldn't the Wii U be nearing Saturn soon? ;)

I really LOL. Thanks for the post.
Forget about XBOX One. This is my XBOX720: i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite

User Info: Nate_Dihldorff

Nate_Dihldorff
3 years ago#10
Jackal posted...

Yeah, Sega Saturn.
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. will wii u sales SKYROCKET when smash bros comes out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived